Dropbox Business not accepting oauth2

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Waiting for code...
Got code
2021/04/09 11:53:15 Failed to configure token: failed to get token: oauth2: cannot fetch token: 400 Bad Request
Response: {"error": "invalid_client: Invalid client_id or client_secret"}

Sorry the system would not allow me to give more detail. I am limited as new user...

Here is more:

OAuth Client Id
Leave blank normally.
Enter a string value. Press Enter for the default ("").
client_id> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(it was my App ID of course)
OAuth Client Secret
Leave blank normally.
Enter a string value. Press Enter for the default ("").
client_secret> YYYYYYYYYYYY (it was my App Secret of course)
Edit advanced config? (y/n)
y) Yes
n) No (default)
y/n> n
Remote config
Make sure your Redirect URL is set to "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" in your custom config.
Use auto config?

• Say Y if not sure
  • Say N if you are working on a remote or headless machine
    y) Yes (default)
    n) No
    y/n> y
    If your browser doesn't open automatically go to the following link: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Waiting for code...
    Got code
    2021/04/09 11:53:15 Failed to configure token: failed to get token: oauth2: cannot fetch token: 400 Bad Request
    Response: {"error": "invalid_client: Invalid client_id or client_secret"}

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.55.0

• os/type: linux
  • os/arch: arm
  • go/version: go1.16.2
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount
    (Rpi4 )

Which OS you are using and how many bits
uname -a
Linux Minerva 5.10.17-v7l+ #1403 SMP Mon Feb 22 11:33:35 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

Which cloud storage system are you using?
Dropbox Business

And yes, the web browser did start and I got "Success" at the end of the process of selecting my App on Dropbox... weird.
I am missing something but what?

did you set the redirect URI in your dropbox app settings? and did you press "add" so it also added itself before you saved?

indeed yes.

client ID should be your "App key" from your dropbox app, (you wrote you used your "app id" earlier which potentially could be something else?)
Also I typically use "short lived" as token, I think the noexpire ones will go away soon

yes, I meant App Key , indeed...

good :slight_smile: then I don't really have more good ideas... if I were to grasp.. could be a proxy in between? a temporary error at Dropbox side? (but I assume you have tried several times already) a mistype of your key or secret? lack of dropbox permissions? (like trying to add a team-centric app as a non-admin dropbox user).
In any ase, I am sure someone else will chip in with some other thoughts..

I go it to work with a new Dropbox App with a new App Key & App Secret and use all as default. BUT
I get only my personal folder. When I use th '/'
rclone lsf dpbx:/
2021/04/09 16:27:03 Failed to create file system for "dpbx:/": get current account failed: missing_scope/

any idea?
ps: Yes I gave all permission to the App within dropbox - I check absolutely all (albeit it is probably not a good idea)

you need to use the --dropbox-impersonate <dropbox_user> to set the scope

you mean on each request or on rclone config setup ?

on each request, ie rclone --dropbox-impersonate lsf dpbx:/

humm I get this:
rclone --dropbox-impersonate lsf dpbx:/
Error: unknown command "dpbx:/" for "rclone"
Run 'rclone --help' for usage.
You could use 'rclone selfupdate' to get latest features.

2021/04/09 17:01:08 Fatal error: unknown command "dpbx:/" for "rclone"

apologies, part of the code got removed - you need to replace the <dropbox_user> with the email of the dropbox user in your team to list files for :slight_smile:

ie someting like rclone --dropbox-impersonate your@email.com lsf dpbx:/

:-)) I tried... but I get this:
rclone --dropbox-impersonate rxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com lsf dpbx:/
2021/04/09 17:07:05 Failed to create file system for "dpbx:/": invalid dropbox team member: "rxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com": missing_scope/...
:frowning:

I am the admin, and when I go to my Team/Membre page teh App rclone_rfv is well in Connected App... so it sees it well..

and it is the right remote you are using when targeting dpbx:? (ie check if you have more remotes configured with "rclone listremotes")
and the email you used is the email as it is listed in the dropbox team you added the dropbox app to that you are using in your dpbx: remote?

try without the trailing slash ( ie dpbx:) as remote

Yes, correct, only one target:
$ rclone listremotes
dpbx:

and dpbx was set to use the App key and secret key of the rclone_rfv (the app on dropbox)....

and the email you used after the impersonate flag is part of the team?