Contd: File is written twice to remote

Continuing the discussion from Radarr writes to cache remote twice:

This has been happening to me too after I was billed for usage that I couldn't explain and seemingly this has been the culprit.

Its been happening in this order:

I have this option unchecked in both Sonarr and Radarr:

Besides none of the torrents I downloaded, seeded after downloading...

This is the mount command...
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount \
        --config=/home/agneev/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \
        --allow-other \
        --allow-non-empty \
        --dir-cache-time 99999h \
        --poll-interval 10s \
        --drive-chunk-size 128M \
        -vv --log-file /home/agneev/media2.log \
        media:/ /mnt/media2

As a result of this, I keep getting 403s...

Can't share logs until I stop getting rate limited.

Is there a way I can avoid this? I used to use VFS cache but found that it wouldn't empty the cache and took up extra storage.

Update:

As per an issue on the Radarr GitHub, it seems that files that are still seeding are copied, and other files are moved.

.partial file is the movie being moved (copied) to movie folder. You can watch the partial file get larger by refreshing folder and checking file size or using command: ls-alh (on Linux). After the copy completes it renames it and removes the .partial. Check finished downloads is running because it is copying the newly download movie file over as a part of its process. Continues to run until movie copy finishes. Depending on file size, can take quite awhile to complete the copy and use lots of CPU

I'm not seeding after downloading, so not sure why this is happening.

Is there a way for rclone to counter this?

New issue in the Radarr GitHub regarding this.

Deemed working as intended by Radarr.

Both Sonarr and Radarr do the same thing with partials as that's why I use mergerfs and hardlinks so it just creates another link locally.

So with that, you only end up uploading the file once?

Yes, it only uploads once at night for me.

So lets say I want the file to upload as soon as the copy is done by Radarr/Sonarr and the file is renamed, can I use rclone for this or mergerfs?

When you create a new folder in your mergerfs mount, is it created on your local storage or on your rclone mount?

The use case for me is I run everything on a single machine.

Mergerfs allows to combine mount points and use policies so I use a policy to always write to my local disk and each night I upload to my Google Drive.

Mergerfs supports hard linking which is the primary reason that I use it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.