Connect to an open / anonymous OneDrive Business shared folder

Hi - apologies, I'm not following the template because my question is too basic.

I've got a link to a OneDrive Business shared folder, which is open to anonymous users. The folder is not part of my own account, and is not shared with me directly - just open to anyone. The link is in this format:

https://{username}-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/{email-address}/{long-string}?e=XXXXXX

Is it possible to connect to something like this using rclone? And if so, how? I've tried going through the options for creating a OneDrive remote, but I'm not sure which options to use - none of the options seem to apply to a link like this.

Thanks

I don't know whether you can find it using the "search" option in the rclone config onedrive setup?

All you actually need to connect to it is

[onedrive]
type = onedrive
resource_url = https://{username}-my.sharepoint.com/
drive_id = XXX
drive_type = business
token = XXX

So if you can find the drive_id - maybe it is one of those long strings or maybe you can see it if you use the web interface - then you should be able to use it in a onedrive remote.

I think you'll need to set the token also - the onedrive backend isn't set up for anonymous access. Do this by first setting up a normal onedrive backend then adding the extra bits above.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply!

To try to get some clues, I added a real OneDrive remote for OneDrive Business (forgot I actually had an account I could use :slight_smile: ), to generate a real drive_id, and then see if I could find it in any part of the URLs I can generate through my account. But sadly not.

I've had a look through the Microsoft Graph API, which looked promising, but I think I can only get a drive ID for my own account that way.

By this point, it'll be quicker for me to manually select the files I need from the OneDrive shared folder, than try to get rclone connected :slight_smile: - but if anyone has any ideas on how to get a drive id, it might be useful for the future.

He he!

It would be nice to sort this out. This isn't the first time it has come up.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.