Cach-chunk-path ignored when vfs set

Hi,

I just discovered that since adding vfs in order to get round an issue with writing to one of my paths that my cache-chunk-path is now ignored and instead cach-backend is being written to /tmp/rclone on my system disk which means that when it becomes full my system becomes unstable.

is this a known isuse with a workaround? I moved the relative position of the flags etc.

Cheers,
Kieran

Can you post your command line?

Did you try with the latest beta?

/usr/bin/rclone mount --config /root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --cache-chunk-path=/mnt/disks/media/cache-backend --rc --allow-non-empty --allow-other --drive-chunk-size=256M --vfs-cache-mode writes --cache-dir=/mnt/disks/media --cache-db-purge --cache-tmp-wait-time=1m --cache-tmp-upload-path=/mnt/disks/media/cache-tmp-upload --cache-workers=12 --cache-db-wait-time=5s media-crypt: /mnt/disks/media/crypt

Yes, I tried the latest beta and also regressed back from 1.43.1 to 1.42 to see if it was something that was introduced. Same behaviour observed in all versions.

Which backend are you using? Jottacloud (and b2 under some circumstances) will write file in /tmp.

You can control the /tmp usage by setting the TMPDIR variable.

I am using Google Drive, thanks

I’ve managed to replicate this problem.

The problem is that --cache-db-path and --cache-chunk-path are using the default value of --cache-dir not the value of --cache-dir set on the command line.

This is due to the initialisation sequence of rclone… It is fixable though. Can you please make a new issue on github about it and we’ll fix it :slight_smile:

While researching this, I realised there is a work-around. You can set XDG_CACHE_HOME to set the default value of --cache-dir

Hi, i have the ame problem more or less.
Because ffmpeg was spewing errors of iligal seek i looked in rclone log and activited --vfs-cache-mode writes , after this i saw a problem . The written file is first put in /mnt/hdd/2TB/Temp/rclone/rclone/vfs/mdstorage_Media_cache/.... and then is copied (NOT MOVED) in /mnt/hdd/2TB/Temp/rclone/rclone_upload/ from where it will finally be uploaded....The file will remain in the first folder
Why is this? Thanks
The command is:
XDG_CACHE_HOME=/mnt/hdd/2TB/Temp/rclone/ rclone mount --allow-other --daemon --cache-db-path /mnt/hdd/2TB/Temp/rclone/ --cache-tmp-upload-path=/mnt/hdd/2TB/Temp/rclone/rclone_upload/ --vfs-cache-mode writes --cache-info-age=24h --log-file /mnt/hdd/2TB/Temp/logs/rclone.log mdstorage_Media_cache: /mnt/remote/md.storage/Media/

P.S. i am using this because i don't want the media filles be written on the ssd drive (root)...so this is why i changed the default location