Backup for Google Drive 2020

Hello Folks,

I have read this thread:

Is dropbox still the way to go?
Or does someonelse has found a better solution?

Some information:

• about > 80TB data
  • all data at one user, so limited to 100gb per day (but i dont want to use the full bandwidth as i need some for plex)
  • currently nothing is encrypted, but i will encrypt it perhaps on the new remote
1 Like

Following...

With Google Drive removing its unlimited cloud data options for business accounts I'm worried that my grandfathered plan may go away one day.

I read somewhere, Google Workspace Enterprise $20/mo and unlimited from the first user.

Not sure if there is a catch but from my research and communications with Google over this, it appears that a single enterprise standard account is £15 p/m ($20) and you do only need one user. If this is the case it seems almost too good to be true, but that's what's written on their website.

That would be great anyway, but I think it would be not bad to have a backup outside google.

I'm trying out dropbox business, but got limited with 3 users at 5 TB. I have wrote the support, let see.

Not sure if there is a catch but from my research and communications with Google over this, it appears that a single enterprise standard account is £15 p/m ($20) and you do only need one user. If this is the case it seems almost too good to be true, but that's what's written on their website.

The consensus at /r/datahoarder is that no, it's not unlimited, and at some point G will enforce the 5TB user limit.
Check out:

Yeah, the party may continue for a while, but with G's recent moves to limit photo and Docs storage, it is not looking very good.

Did you subscribed to Drobox Business Standard or Advanced?

The advanced solution, but I think those restricts coming from the trial account.

Following.

Also are team drivers still unlimited regardless of the user storage quota? Or do they use storage from the creators quota?

For now seems to be Unlimited, and for the storage quota thing: depend who have the Manager on the TDrive

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.