After power faulire all rclone plugin docker volumes are gone

Similar thing happened, like in this topic, and i could not even enable the rclone plugin due to error Error response from daemon: dial unix /run/docker/plugins/.../rclone.sock: connect: no such file or directory and it was solved by sudo rm /var/lib/docker-plugins/rclone/cache/docker-plugin.state like written in this reply but the volumes needed to be re-created (luckily i had docker-compose ymls for all my things, so it was easy).
Is there a way to avoid problems like these in the future?

rclone v1.61.1
- os/version: ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.4.0-144-generic (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.19.4
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Buy a UPS to avoid power failures? Things tend to go bad if you remove power from a computer.

A UPS is a good idea.

I wonder why the

/var/lib/docker-plugins/rclone/cache/docker-plugin.state

File is so delicate. What is in it? What is in it when the plugin no longer works? Maybe we can help with that, though that sounds like it is a file docker writes rather than rclone.

All of the volume settings that are use rclone is in that file for example:

[{"name":"vol1","mountpoint":"/mnt/plex_vol1","created":"2023-03-27T17:43:18.22802573Z","fs":"remote:/folder/folder","options":{"allow_other":"true","dir-cache-time":"3h","vfs-cache-mode":"minimal","vfs-read-chunk-size":"16Mi"},"mounts":["6307d3462edc0df8749a06604a648d61b199fb4de0d06efaefccbe52c4e5ac73"]},
etc...

But before the deletion of this file, the volumes are gone already, so not this is what causes the deletion.

I wonder from your error message

It can't seem to find the socket file - maybe that is just a symptom of rclone not starting up properly, I don't know.

no it is not starting, and cant be started as plugin, until that file is deleted

Should the plugin be deleting this file if it can detect it is stale?

I know nothing about how docker plugins work and the developer who made the rclone one isn't available unfortunately so I'm looking for help to solve this :slight_smile:

Neither i know if its docker, or plugin responsibility to cleanup :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.