ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

well odrive use .cloud extension. When he finish a dowload from amazon he remove the .cloud and if you don’t sync it again the .cloud will not come back. he only download .cloud whereas rclone only upload files that aren’t .cloud.

yeah it’s even better. i will add this :slight_smile:

rclone move /home/***/odrive-agent-mount/Amazon\ Cloud\ Drive -v --min-age 30m --exclude *.cloud --exclude .cloudf google:/

Have you activate the sync in Background? (Rightclick on the odrive Logo in bottom bar and then the First Option in dropdownmenu)

OK nur i think you have a very large HDD(storage) right? When i start odrive it only “sync/Download” Round about 30GB and then stops

I really appreciate Philip’s step by step instructions on moving the acd with google compute and odrive.

but could someone tell an idiot like me… are there words in those instructions i need to change to match my current setup?

i used enztv’s instructions for the most part. my directory structure on the server is

.acd (encfs acd)
acd (unencrypted encfs )
.local (encfs on server)
local (where i stick new stuff that gets encrypted to .local)

my ACD mount is just called “acd”, alot of sub-directories inside there.

thank in advance.

also does anyone have any recommendations on how much to transfer to google drive in a day without hitting a ban?

refund gives to time to migrate as long as you figure a way to grab all your stuff.

trying to follow your instructions…
i’m still confused about whether this is really possible with just the gsuite cost…

not sure what the ingress 18€ is/means?

and how would i transfer my 40TBs if the google compute space is only 10 or 20?

can i do it in chunks… ie move/not copy?

thanks

you get 300$ which equals about 264€ credit on GCE signup/trial for free.
I had 15TB to transfer.
incoming traffic is free on GCE. BUT 15.000GB of incoming traffic generate about 1% of that size in control information which is calculated as upload and therefore billed with about 0,012 per GB. for me the 18€ reflect about 150GB egress traffic, which is still quite covered with my free credit.

initially you get 10TB after business signup. then you would have to request additional space. which is just a formality, since they bill you for every byte stored on their drives. (which is also covered in my calculation for 15TB with the initial credit) :wink: i would just try requesting +30TB.

1 Like

What is your plan if you need to retrieve the backup – it costs 1800€ to get your data out of GCE?! Or GCE is just for the ACD move, then you can use Google Drive which has free bandwidth?

thanks… think i have it mostly setup, waiting on approval of the tb’s

i’m still a little confused by the commands and the actual copying of the acd drive to the vm via odrive…

are there any commands/words/directories etc i need to change in your instructions.

my setup was

on the server- (i was using encfs on acd and an rclone mount)

.acd (encfs on acd)
acd (unencrypted encfs)

with the rclone acd remote simply called “acd” in the root of my amazon drive (tons of sub-directories sometimes 4 or 5 deep)

thanks

is anyone else hitting a limit downloading from ACD? im at about 4TB down for last 24 hrs and now odrive just isnt doing anything

edit: well crap now i cant ssh into my google compute vm

just for moving the data to Google Drive, since odrive does not support any form of mount.

have all the accounts setup… programs installed… got the tb increase approved…

now i’m kinda stuck on the third step…

exactly what do you mean by “setup a mount”?

a mount on the gc vm?

if so… could you give the actual command to this linux newbie.

thanks again for ll your help/work.

step 4

1 Like

seems to be working/syncing! : )

is there anyway to see the speed or the progress of the sync (or will it eventually just show it when its done reading all these directories that are flashing by?)

If you’re syncing all the .cloud files the command will end when it’s gone through all the files that end in .cloud. You’ll need to run it a few times to catch the failures.

To get a rough idea on the progress you can do the following…

Open another ssh session and use this command to count the .cloud files(it’ll go down as files are synced)::
find ~/odrive-agent-mount/ -type f -name “*.cloud” | wc -l

also monitor your vm’s diskspace:
df -h

@Philip_Konighofer Thank you for this great solution :slight_smile:

not sure what i’m doing wrong…
it ran for hours the encfs files whizzing by…

but not it does nothing and df -h doesnt show mroe than 2tb being used : (

is it because i can only run
find ~/odrive-agent-mount/ -type f -name “*.cloudf” -exec python “$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py” sync “{}” ;

one at a time?

do i actually have to download the bash/sh file and run those in “parallel” whatever that means haha?

no idea how to do that btw without a gui… hahah : (

The command you’re running is to sync the folders. You have to do those first, and it only syncs one level deep at a time, that’s why you have to run it over and over until it doesn’t do anything. When it does nothing that means all your folders are available.

Once all the folders are synced you’ll be able to see all the .cloud files. These are your actual files. To sync them you use:
find ~/odrive-agent-mount/ -type f -name “*.cloud” -exec python “$HOME/.odrive-agent/bin/odrive.py” sync “{}” ;
^This will search for .cloud files and sync them one at a time.

If you only have 2TB available you probably need to mount the additional disk or resize your partition: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/disks/add-persistent-disk

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

weird it shows 30tb for sda… but sda1 the home disk shows only 2tb used/available…

the “sudo resize2fs /dev/sda1” command didn;t resize/expand it… is there another way to enlarge it?

thanks

which OS image do you use? if it uses MBR, you have to slim down your disk to about 80GB and configure a additional disk. like this:

mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb
mount /dev/sdb /mnt/datadisk