ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

I submitted a request here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/cloud-drive.html

1 Like

I will also charge them the cost of the international call from the Netherlands since these pathetic idiots dont even have a customer support in Europe ! I hope Google (that is a proper company and offers a professional service) will put a low cost unlimited storage offer for gdrive and then bye bye Amazshit

You are expecting way too much for $60 a yearā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s better to call the support line because the email takes a day or two for a response to come through. You can call the US for free using Hangouts Voice Dialer. Thatā€™s what I use when I call Amazon.

1 Like

@francesco2013 You sound like a real pleasure to deal with. I hope you waste a ton of your own time getting them to close your account.

5 Likes

FWIW, I called ACD support and spoke with a representative who was a joy to converse with. She looked into the issue, reassured me that there was no problem with my account or anything on their end, and pointed me to this thread. Thereā€™s no reason for anyone to be angry. Things break. ACD and Rclone are both fantastic tools which work nearly all the time. This will pass.

5 Likes

Having the same issue here. Hopefully itā€™ll be fixed by the time I want to watch some TV later!

I called Amazon to complain/get help. They pointed out that the web interface works OK ā€¦ so Iā€™m using that for now.
Having to follow up and fix files with errors later might be an extra hassle, but once rclone is working again, it should be able to make short work of that particular problem.

I had the same issue with files simply not transferring via rclone today. Using the double verbose option -v -v Iā€™m seeing the same error as OP.

Itā€™s interesting that OP mentions heā€™s having problems mounting with rclone. I use acd_cli to mount and was able to do so fine. I can stream via Plex without issues. If I point a HTTP webserver to the mounted acd_cli mount path I can download files to my home computer at ~3MB/s (though instantaneous speeds vary from 100kB/s-5MB/s).

Edit: I know acd_cli keeps a local cache of the directory structure so maybe thatā€™s why itā€™s mount command is working fine. It doesnā€™t have to make any api calls to list directories, only when it needs to access a file.

Same errors with everything. Rclone/ACD/ARQ.

acd_cli errors the same:

17-04-18 15:19:27.440 [ERROR] [acdcli.acd_fuse] - get: RequestError: 429, {ā€œlogrefā€:ā€œee232290-246b-11e7-8a0c-55453b62a941ā€,ā€œmessageā€:ā€œRate e
xceededā€,ā€œcodeā€:""}

You can get lucky and get a few calls through, but it really doesnā€™t work either.

2 Likes

Ah I see. Looking through my acd_cli logs Iā€™m seeing those as well (though very very few and far between). I think itā€™s definitely the reason fuse read speeds will sporadically dip. But overall playback via Plex is surprisingly watchable via acd_cliā€™s mount method. Iā€™ve been streaming for the past three hours and itā€™s only buffered twice. I just wanted to put the alternative option out there if rcloneā€™s mount method is currently non-functional due to the Amazon backend issue.

Trying to write directly to the fuse mount is an entirely different story. I either get Cannot write to ā€˜test.fileā€™ (Bad address) or it starts and transfers at an insanely slow 25kB/s. Normally I can write files directly to the acd_cli fuse mount at 5-10MB/s.

Iā€™ve been slowly copying my ACD to GD, but itā€™s been sporadic and super slow.

Transferred: 41.653 GBytes (7.183 MBytes/s)
Errors: 0
Checks: 1
Transferred: 33
Elapsed time: 1h38m58.3s

Glad I saw this thread because I thought I had broke something in my setup. Could get to ACD Web but my rclone mounts were basically non-functional.

Guess we waitā€¦

Good I started having these problems a few days ago. Glad Iā€™m not the only one. Hopefully things get sorted out soon

Loading an ACD directory through Rclone Browser is very slow (Iā€™m using rclone v1.36).

For what itā€™s worth, my un-encrypted directory loaded faster than my encrypted directory.

Google Drive loaded without issues. ACD usually loads faster than Google Drive, so somethingā€™s up at Amazon.

My location is US-West.

are they limited the API or something?

i also started getting 429 rate exceeded errors today.

i think everyone is. so no worries yet hopefully they dont limit all the api.

Same experience here as everyone else. Both Arq and rclone are impacted for me. I hope this is an outage and not some new standard API limit.

1 Like

Same problem here, Amazon Spain (Europe)