A New Logo for rclone

I vote for “B”, where R is also bold, but not blue.
On the C version I didn’t like the blue color. It’s somehow to weak for me that way.

@Andy
Could you show us your ideas for a GUI. I am thinking of starting a python based rclone GUI and would love to get some input on how it should look like.

Hello again,

I’ve fiddled around with the blue tinted R and tried to make it work in various sizes. Unfortunately its visual perception varies a lot with different scales of the logo. Another thing that arose is the issue when displaying the logo in a single color. As you can see the pronunciation effect in the blue R version is completely lost.

I thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. After the typo iteration process I’m at a point where I’m convinced it’s best to stay with a single color for the typography and the ‘lighter’ R.

Cheers,

Andy

2 Likes

Hi gelsas,

I haven’t fully visualized any ideas I have in my head. That will happen when I have a bit more time to spare. Have you started your project yet?

Thanks for doing another iteration :smiley:

I see what you mean. Fascinating!

I hadn’t thought of the prononciation being habituated to the word rclone.

I think you’ve convinced me too - I’d be interested to hear what others think.

I do love the “A” version - thin black R with colored icon.

Hello there,

it’s been some time and there hasn’t been more feedback. Should I finalise the files for new logo?

Again, thank you all for your feedback and suggestions.
Andy

5 Likes

I was thinking the same :slight_smile: Lets finalise the design and get it out there - thank you.

3 Likes

NIce, the animated version could also be used in a future GUI.

Hi

When will you update your new logo ?

Regards

Soon! I have the files from Andy - I hope to do it as part of the v1.46 release process!

this looks great. why arent we using it yet?

1 Like

We will be soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great. Not just a well crafted logo, but obviously a lot of time and consideration has gone into the design aspect and long-term application. I couldn't think of much to improve here if anything.

Personally I like the option A best, and option C second.
C may look more fancy, but A is very clean and there is some added visual confusion in C where the blue R can be missed at a glance by seeming to be more a part of the logo than the name due to sharing a color. Both are very good, but A is super clean and professional looking while being more than enough aesthetically pleasing as-is.

It looks like it should work well in very small sizes too (like file icons) because it's not overly detailed.

rclone player:

:wink:

this looks great! nice work! I like c best :slight_smile:

Is the new logo posted anywhere by itself? Would be great to use it as the app icon for Rclone Browser to replace the old one

sure, you'll find it here: https://github.com/rclone/rclone/tree/master/graphics/logo

i had no idea there was an 'rclone browser'