Write mod error with SickRage/CouchPotato/SABnzbd

Hi,

I used to use rClone (encrypted mount) to store my files downloaded using SR/CP and ruTorrent, with the AutoTools plugin pointing at my encrypted rClone mount, using the “move” setting. And that works well.

I setup another VPS to do the same using Usenet, with SABnzbd. But it obviously doesn’t do the job cause SAB extract the files in the final destination folder, not the temp one. And it seems my rClone encrypted mount fails to accept such inputs(?).
The only one error I have is in SABnzbd:

05/01/2017 12:59 Error renaming “/mnt/Enc_ACD/Stuff/_UNPACK_NZB.php?Token=35D388940EA6B0DB5223ED7BC80E1156” to “/mnt/Enc_ACD/Stuff/NZB.php?Token=35D388940EA6B0DB5223ED7BC80E1156”

Heres my mount script:
#!/bin/bash

# Montage remote ACD chiffré
rclone mount \
--allow-non-empty \
--allow-other \
--max-read-ahead 2G \
--acd-upload-wait-per-gb=3m0s \
--acd-templink-threshold 9 \
--checkers 10 \
--transfers 8 \
--timeout 0 \
--ignore-existing \
--no-check-certificate \
--quiet \
--retries 3 \
--stats 0 \
ACD_Enc: /mnt/Enc_ACD/ &
exit

# Montage remote ACD global
rclone mount \
--allow-non-empty \
--allow-other \
--max-read-ahead 2G \
--acd-upload-wait-per-gb=3m0s \
--acd-templink-threshold 9 \
--checkers 10 \
--transfers=8 \
--timeout=0s \
--ignore-existing \
--no-check-certificate \
--quiet \
--retries 3 \
--stats 0 \
ACD_Emby: /mnt/ACD/ &
exit

Anyone got a tip? Thanks

There should be an error in rclone’s log. Add --logfile rclone.log to your parameters and hopefully you’ll see something.

It is quite likely that it is using a file system operation that rclone doesn’t support, but the log will tell you.

Also are you using rclone 1.35?

Thank you.

I use rClone 1.35. Heres the output:
2017/01/07 09:31:55 Stuff/_UNPACK_NZB.php?Token=9A7A8A847EF8AD4CE034A1BC6D4A40ED: Dir.Rename renamed from "Stuff/NZB.php?Token=9A7A8A847EF8AD4CE034A1BC6D4A40ED"
And in SABnzbd:
ERREUR 07/01/2017 09:33 Erreur lors du renommage de "/mnt/Enc_ACD/Stuff/_UNPACK_NZB.php?Token=9A7A8A847EF8AD4CE034A1BC6D4A40ED" en "/mnt/Enc_ACD/Stuff/NZB.php?Token=9A7A8A847EF8AD4CE034A1BC6D4A40ED"
So my files are correctly downloaded and extracted to the rClone encrypted mount but the original folder (UNPACK_) is not deleted, while its emptied.

BTW it seems rClone is not the required software to setup what I wanted to. I was hopping to use SABnzbd and ruTorrent (with autotools) so as files added using Sickrage/Couchpotato/manually could be processed/copied/moved/deleted to/from my encrypted Amazon mount. Seems I didn’t understand what rClone stands for, sorry.

I’ll try ACD_cli but many people tell it often fails…

The advantage acd_cli have is ability to write directly to mounted drive ( you can use encfs encryption ) while rclone mount cant do it as it does not open files in read/write mode.

The disadvantage of acd_cli is that local database ( acd_cli keeps sqlite db of all folder/file structure locally ) get corrupted quite often and when that happens your drive is disconnected and you need to preform full sync.

With big libraries you cant even preform a full sync in one itteration but you need to sync couple of times before its completed and you can sync only every 5 minutes so during that time you drive will be disconnected.

Hopfully rclone will get a fix for opening files in read/write mode soon and then you will be to write directly to the mounted drive.

1 Like

Ok, got it, thanks! This is why I can’t actually rw on the rclone encrypted mount… Thought rClone 1.35 got the rw option seeing this GitHub push: https://github.com/ncw/rclone/commit/0b562bcabcd7548aa131bc6455e1b44ae0acf66d

You can write eg copy/move file directly to rclone mount but not if its done with read/write mode like torrent client would do. You can test by copying test.txt file to your mount and it will work, however if you try to edit the same file on mount it will fail.

Ok, so this is why SAB can’t extract/rename/delete files in a raw. Thanks for the tip. I’ll try another setup then.

I made unionfs with local & cloud setup and once files are downloaded they get moved on local upload drive and from there i do rclone move ( cron tab every minute ). So if you dont need to torrent seed you wont need much local disk as everything gets moved to cloud fast.

1 Like

Torrents are OK, I use Autotools to copy my completed files to ACD. My problem was using SAB or NZBget as they don’t extract/repair/rename in the /temp dir but in the /final one :frowning:
I’ll try to set the /final on the server and then move them to ACD using inotify or something else.