Would Like to run webgui within docker with my exisitng config and am running into issues

Howdy everyone,

I am still new to docker and am trying to learn it. I have managed to get my existing config into docker and just the mount works great! I wanted to try adding the webgui though as it looked awesome. Here is the error that I am running into within my rclone log.

2020/05/20 02:04:43 Error while fetching the latest release of Web GUI: Error creating cache directory: /home/plex/.cache/rclone/webgui
2020/05/20 02:04:46 Error while fetching the latest release of Web GUI: Error creating cache directory: /home/plex/.cache/rclone/webgui
2020/05/20 02:04:53 Error while fetching the latest release of Web GUI: Error creating cache directory: /home/plex/.cache/rclone/webgui
2020/05/20 02:05:06 Error while fetching the latest release of Web GUI: Error creating cache directory: /home/plex/.cache/rclone/webgui

I saw this post but he doesn't seem to have the error I have.

Here is my docker-compose.yml file

version: '3.8'
services:
 rclone:
    image: 'rclone/rclone:latest'
    user: '1000:1000'
    network_mode: host
    restart: always
    container_name: rclone
    cap_add:
      - SYS_ADMIN
    privileged: true
    devices:
      - /dev/fuse
    security_opt:
      - 'apparmor:unconfined'
    volumes:
      - '~/utilities/rclone:/config/rclone'
      - '~/utilities/rclone/logs:/logs'
      - '~/utilities/mounts/GoogleDriveMedia:/GoogleDriveMedia:rshared'
      - '/etc/passwd:/etc/passwd:ro'
      - '/etc/group:/etc/group:ro'
      - '/etc/fuse.conf:/etc/fuse.conf:shared'
    command: >-
      mount GoogleDriveMedia: /GoogleDriveMedia --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --buffer-size 1G --drive-chunk-size 32M --timeout 1h --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --umask 002 --bind 192.168.2.120
      --log-level INFO --log-file /logs/rclone.log --allow-non-empty --rc-web-gui rcd

I added --rc-web-gui to the end of my command and I also tried with the additional rcd as well. I had --rc within my mount command until now. Not sure if I was supposed to remove that or not.

You are running as uid 1000 which is the plex user apparently. Rclone is trying to cache some stuff in the users home directory. You can mount this or you can use the --cache-dir flag to point it to somewhere rclone can write.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.