When updating rclone, not all files are displayed

i am using an older rclone version on a server and wanted to update it but i noticed that i can't see all directories/files with the new version.

unfortunately there is a lot of data on the old dropbox account, I encrypted it with encfs back then. the old version shows all but not the new rclone version.

now i'm personally worried that if dropbox changes something and i'm forced to use a current rclone version, i won't be able to access my data.

I also jumped back a few versions but there is the same case.

on my other servers i use the encryption of rclone itself, there were no problems with that, however there is so much data on the encfs encrypted dropbox slot that i can't easily convert it to the rclone encryption. that would probably take over a year. at full load, i hope you can give me a tip.

logfile rclone version 1.56

logfile rclone version 1.38 working version

Linux Debian 10.8 x64 ENCFS + RLONE

old version
rclone v1.38-236-g29d34426β

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.9.2)

new version

• os/version: debian 10.8 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 4.19.0-14-amd64 (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.16.5
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Hi PatriotM,

I doubt anybody can help you without knowing the configuration of newdrop:

I therefore suggest you post the redacted output from

rclone config show newdrop:

You may also want to test whether you are able to narrow down the issue to a single failing file where you can do:

rclone lsl newdrop:folder/with/onlymyfile
rclone copy newdrop:folder/with/onlymyfile /mnt/encfstest
ls -l myfile

That will eliminate all the layes involved in rclone mount and thereby ease troubleshooting tremendously

Hi Ole,

thanks for the quick reply, i have now done some tests and it seems to me it is not the encfs. the rclone mounts are already different from the listing of files and directories.

i hope this data is missing, from version 1.38 all read and write operations work, but with the current version 1.56 i can't do any tests because the files and directories are not shown.

rclone settings

logfile rclone: Version "v1.38-236-g29d34426β"

rclone lsl --config=/rclone/rclone.conf newdrop:/3Hl2YtNch028SfTUvwQq/ZOLQ/Z82FD-VhYSJT7KOCkVkchIE5GBqMWIi-5Y4W2W4A8xWD9LuFxp1FZBoHpFi25zeLYJ2FHBOHCHEktbohPl-E5I0b5LYe9CURK1/07DN5O6ryN58XVLYlLPXcfTXBaaga2Tbg7RWC6JTQ8t8sbeZvlvInuTZceFXOKRN03Xe1Yorea8kW,zXy2pDcCzs1TteSWnxpQBz7ZD

100000008 2019-03-15 09:48:50.000000000 07DN5O6ryN58XVLYlLPXcfTXBaaga2Tbg7RWC6JTQ8t8sbeZvlvInuTZceFXOKRN03Xe1Yorea8kW,zXy2pDcCzs1TteSWnxpQBz7ZD

logfile rclone: Version "v1.56.0"

edit:
short note, a friend had a similar problem with gdrive at that time with him only the folders were visible but not the files with a newer version of rclone. unfortunately, I can no longer understand because this colleague has brought everything to the current state including the contents of the cloud. which is unfortunately not an option for me because of the large amount of data

According to his statement, it should also have been around 2018.

Hi, I have no experience with rclone mount and limited experience with linux.

Are you able to illustrate your issue using a simple folder/file example without using rclone mount?

So when you do rclone lsl with 1.38 you see different files than when youuse 1.56?

Are all the files missing or only some?

Can you see any of the correct files with 1.56?

Can you try remaking the config (backup the config file first) with v1.56 and see if that helps?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.