What is the sane workflow you use to synchronize remote and local?

Trying to find other's workflow here. But all i see are people with the same misconceptions of sync as I had. e.g. Two way SYNC with Google Drive - #4 by marcolino

I fully understand the issue. I'm a rsync heavy user and die a little every time i have to interact with google drive....

But what is the workflow everyone here uses when they must receive updates and send updates?

I am fine doing "manual conflict resolution".

But how can i:

1. rclone copy REMOTE/doc.docx
2. work on LOCAL/LOCAL/doc.docx

3. rclone copy REMOTE/doc.docx (file was modified)
4. manually resolve conflicts as I see fit, seeing both files.

5. rclone copy LOCAL/doc.docx to REMOTE/doc.docx

--- rclone copy --interactive
or
--- rclone copy --dry-run
or
--- rclone check

i will try to work something out with diff/rsync to a tmp dir and --dry-run somehow. Won't be beautiful or easy :frowning:

--interactive is a nightmare. The output mixes the question with what was being uploaded in the background. So easy to make mistakes. But it is what i am using now as a stop gap.

Thank you!

so rclone check will not work for you?
" The --differ, --missing-on-dst, --missing-on-src, --match and --error flags write paths, one per line, to the file name (or stdout if it is -) supplied"

1 Like

from the docs I assumed CHECK was just another interface for COPY --dry-run... but I was wrong. thanks for pointing it out.

CHECK also checks for content change, and files missing on one side or another, which is a feature missing from COPY --dry-run.

I think I will still need to hack something, but CHECK will definitely help.

in fact, check --combined will probably help a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.