What does Rclone copy 750GB limit apply to?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am aware of the 750GB upload limit per day when using rclone copy and GDrive. I am also aware of the --drive-stop-on-upload-limit flag. I am wondering what level/account the 750GB applies to. I have a shared drive folder on my Google Drive that myself and two other colleagues are using as a data archive folder. I have one other folder that is similar for another project with different collaborators. Does the 750GB limit apply to each shared folder? Each Google Drive user? The internet connection used? The computer the command is run on/from? Something else? I am not trying to cheat my way around the limit - rather wanting to understand how to prioritize my data archival on various projects - so that I am prioritizing the correct data to archive within a given 24 hr period (and not interfering with my collaborators' ability to archive data).

Thank you!

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.53.3
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.15.5

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone --drive-stop-on-upload-limit copy mygoogledrive:mydatafolder shared_googledrive:fulldatafolder

It’s based on the error message returned by Google when you exceed your quota. That’s it.

Right. But what is the quota associated with (aka what is Google keeping track of re: the 750GB)? The Google Drive account that data are being uploaded to? Per user or total to the shared drive? If I upload 750GB to a Shared (team) Drive, can my colleague also upload 750GB, or is the 750GB total for the shared drive per day? And if I upload 750GB to one shared folder, does that preclude me from uploading anything to a different shared folder within that 24 hrs? I am trying to coordinate how to archive data coming off a computing cluster by a few different colleagues that all needs to end up in a Shared Google Drive. Thanks.

None of that is really documented anywhere that I'm aware of.

Quotas are generally user based to my knowledge.

Some trial and error would validate things and you can see.

Gotcha. Thanks! Yes sounds like some tests are in order so I can get a clearer picture of how the quota works/is triggered.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.