Ubuntu 18.04.1 offers the option to install rclone from its repository. The version available from the repository is 1.36 which is several releases behind the downloads available from the rclone website. The version available is 1.50.2.
- What if any differences are there in using either versions?
- What is the recommended version to be using?
- If the installed package from the repository is used, can it be upgraded to the latest version available from rclone?
- If yes, would this require the installed version to be removed or can it be upgraded in-place?
- If the package needs to be removed, what needs to be considered? For instance, will the configuration file need to be backed-up?