Web GUI not working rclone on Android

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I can't get the web gui working with Rclone on Android.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.0-DEV

Software

I am using the Magisk Module v 1.8 "Rclone Remount v1.8" (https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/com.piyushgarg.rclone)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

LineageOS 17 (Android 10)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

pCloud

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui

A log from the command with the -vv flag

ERROR : error reading available plugins: Error creating : /.cache/rclone/webgui/plugins/config
ERROR while fetching the latest release of Web GUI: Error creating cache directory: /.cache/rclone/webgui

For the first error, when I look at the config folder, there is a file "avaliablePlugins.json" it is 24b and contains the text
{
"loadedPlugins": {}
}

For the second error, it says there is an error creating the directory however the directory already exists, it doesn't need to be created again.

More Information

I am aiming to automate some backup tasks on Android, I can manually run rclone sync commands however working with the terminal and a tiny virtual keyboard is not a great experience. It would be nice to get the Web GUI working.

I think if you update to the latest release then this is fixed.

I will have to investigate this. Since I am using the Magisk module I am not sure how or if it is possible to upgrade.

on android i use termux
it runs rclone and has a ssh server.

I looked at termux as well. Does it allow you to mount outside of the app?

no, as my phone is not rooted.
but that link you shared, should make it possible

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.