Web GUI - clarifications?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Unable to see running jobs from the web GUI. Any way to schedule jobs in the web gui ?

I have a systemd service that is working well and running the GUI for me :

root@nas:~ $cat /etc/systemd/system/rclone-gui.service
[Unit]
Description=rclone GUI
After=networking.service

[Service]
Type=simple
WorkingDirectory=/ # This is needed else rclong cannot browse outside the /root folder, strange
ExecStart=rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr :5572 --rc-user XXXXXX --rc-pass XXXXXX --rc-web-gui-no-open-browser
Restart=always
RestartSec=10

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

(as you can see, I find strange that I have to explicitely set the workdir to / else only files in /root are acessible, but that's only a sidequest :D)

And the rclone sync seems to be running well when I start it like this
rclone sync --interactive orion_smb:video /mnt/hdd20T/data/video/
But on the dashboard of the GUI, nothing's showing :

I do see that I have 2 distinct rclone processes running...
I also see that if I move files in the gui explorer section from one to another of the remotes, it does show progressing...

I beliebe the gui only show current rclone process activities... Is there a way to start a rsync clone but not as a new process but using the existing one ?

I intent to schedule most of my rclone jobs, it seems there is no way to define "jobs" inside the gui, and maybe I'm missing something but I woulld like, from outside the gui, to be able to launch a sync job and have it done by the process runing the gui or at least visible to it...

Am I missing something ?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

root@nas:~ $rclone version
rclone v1.65.2
- os/version: debian 12.5 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 6.5.11-4-pve (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.21.6
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
--> yes

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

none, local HDD (btrfs bind-mounted from pVE) and SMB

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone  sync --interactive oldnas_smb:video /mnt/hdd20TB/data/video/

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

[localHDD20T]
type = local
one_file_system = true

[oldnas_smb]
type = smb
host = XXX
pass = XXX
user = XXX

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

N/A

Thanks in advance for any help

welcome to the forum,

fyi, the webui has not been updated in 3+ years and is considered experimental.

72 open issues, for example,
No releases in 2 years? Is this dead?

In addition it was never designed in the way to monitor all different rclone operations you run on your computer. In you specific case:

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui and rclone sync are two completely separate instances "not knowing" about each other.

I guessed that yes, was hoping though there was a way to tell the second instance to not do the job itself but pass it to the one exposing the web UI and what I hoped was also an API....
Well, seems the part about not being updated in years is just a lack of interest/focus/time not cause it's full featured and stable :laughing:
I'm a sucker for a web GUI though, will continue looking, all I need is rsync GUI with Cron equivalent... Seems rclone is really great but not what I was looking for.

Thanks for the replies anyway guys!:heartbeat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.