Wasabi sync 500 errors

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

getting intermittent 500 errors when syncing an s3 bucket to Wasabi us-east-1

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone version
rclone v1.62.2

• os/version: ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.4.0-40-generic (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.2
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Source: generic S3 on-prem service
Destination: Wasabi us-east-1

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone --config /export/wasabi-sync/rclone.conf sync audio:audio wasabi-audio:audio --transfers 16 --checkers 16 --progress --exclude=/temp

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[audio]
type = s3
provider = Other
access_key_id = XXXXXXX
secret_access_key = XXXXXXXXXX
endpoint = s3.home.local

[wasabi-audio]
type = s3
provider = Wasabi
access_key_id = XXXXXXXX
secret_access_key = XXXXXXXX
endpoint = s3.wasabisys.com

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2023/06/02 17:24:16 Failed to sync with 30 errors: last error was: march failed with 29 error(s): first error: InternalError: We encountered an internal error.  Please retry the operation again later.
        status code: 500, request id: DF87CF5BCDBC0A80, host id: fGzjcJOrV8/9OSsI1mrGoYxrjX5GaHREnR3DSbceWHfSj3I5Y0CTg7FSaFJYfJlxdenRuDUN+r2d

I had a similar issue with terraform which was fixed by updating the client to send authenticated headers.

I should note this is a large bucket with over 130TB of data and takes several hours to sync

Could this be a similar issue?

A 500 error is a server problem at Wasabi. Trying again is the best thing to try next .

If the errors continue then I'd report them to Wasabi.

Hi Nick

thanks for the response, agreed it's most likely an issue on the Wasabi side but I wonder if its related to the article I posted about some Wasabi servers needing authentication and an update to rclone is needed to support this

thanks

hi,
i have never experienced that issue with rclone+wasabi.

you are sure the issue is with wasabi, not the on=prem s3 server?

have you contacted wasabi tech support?
i found a wasabi bug, they have yet to fix it but they were quick to test and confirm the bug.
https://forum.rclone.org/t/in-some-cases-rclone-does-not-use-etag-to-verify-files/36095/11?u=asdffdsa

hey, thanks for the information. I'm not sure if this error is related, the error I get points to the destination. Based on this it looked similar to the issues with that terraform plugin

2023-06-05 19:18:55 ERROR : audio: error reading destination directory: InternalError: We encountered an internal error.  Please retry the operation again later.
        status code: 500, request id: BD84686882BE92CB:A, host id: sJIDk3deVqwZDy38Ein6q8rprTGmsl6z+bgJu5pPIKm3KFABOCIZ98yTKg7jQzgoq2rY4TnOG+fK

with 130TB at wasabi, you should be able to get a decent repsonse from wasabi.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.