Wasabi + Rclone + Fastly as CDN

BY DELETING THIS COMMENT, I AM CONFIRMING I HAVE READ THIS AND WILL USE THE TEMPLATE BELOW FOR MY POST.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am using Wasabi as my cloud storage for Video Streaming and Rclone to mount the storage on my Linux server. Wasabi's Egress policy now causing me issue as I have a Daily 10TB of egress while my total storage currently is 50TB. So they have advised me to use a CDN like Fastly.

How do I implement Fastly.com CDN while I am connecting my Linux server to my Wasabi storage?
I mean I have configured Fastly side with proper Bucket settings for Wasabi but what is the documentation or guide to have Rclone working with this combination?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Latest

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Wasabi

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

I’ve never used Fastly but I’d imagine you would register a DNS name, point it to your Wasabi endpoint and point rclone to your DNS name as the endpoint you made in Fastly.

1 Like

Thanks for the response @Animosity022

Its that simple? you mean I just replace the "endpoint = s3.eu-central-1.wasabisys.com" in my rclone config to the dns name I made and registered at Fastly?

I’d assume so as if you give a test and see.

I’m not quite sure how some of the authentication may work but let’s see what happens.

So update is what every I do it just does not work.

I have properly registered a DNS name and when I try it on browser, it gives data.
But when I try to place the same dns name on rclone config, replacing it with s3.eu-central-1.wasabisys.com , after remounting Rclone, there is no data to serve.

You’d have to share your config you setup and a debug log of a simple command.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.