Warning for Google Developer Account

I received the following e-mail.

Hello Google Cloud Platform/APIs Developer,

We’ve recently detected activity on your Google Cloud Platform/APIs project ID ------------------- that appears to violate our Terms of Service. Please take a moment to review the Google Cloud Platform Terms of Service or the applicable Terms of Service for the specific Google API you are using.

It appears that your project is committing denial of service attacks. To protect our users, we have set an outbound bandwidth rate limit on your project.

We will suspend your project in 3 days unless you correct the problem by ensuring your project traffic directed at third-parties is expected, and that your project has not been compromised. Visit the Google Developers Console at https://console.developers.google.com for detailed instructions.

If your project begins to seriously interfere with the service or other users, we may be forced to suspend it before the 3-day period is up. Responding quickly is the best way to keep this from happening.

I was using it for my plexdrive on my two servers.

I logged on my developer account and couldn’t find any errors or warnings.

Any idea what’s going on here?

change up the settings a bit. and find out what is calling the apps like plex could be over scanning and or plex drive could be calling on the api too much.

I just got the same email for a plexdrive mount that I have been using without problems for months. Did you recently update to plexdrive 5?

I have gotten the same thing today. Updated Plex yesterday evening on my Ubuntu.

I am using plexdrive 5.

My edu gdrive account got banned and most probably plexdrive was trying to reconnect so it was considered as DDOS.

I also got the same email, twice now within 2 hours. But I was debugging a systemd startup script and ended up restarting my server countless times today.

Most likely plexdrive was sending tons of requests on start/waiting for connection.

I am also using systemd start up script.

[Unit]
Description=Plexdrive
AssertPathIsDirectory=/home/plex/remotes/gplex
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/plexdrive -c /home/plex/.plexdrive -o allow_other -v 2 mount /home/plex/remotes/gplex
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -u /home/plex/remotes/gplex
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

Thank God

Dear Developer,

Thank you for your response.

We accidentally sent you an email regarding denial of service attacks originating from your project due to a technical issue on our end. We want to assure you that your project has not been impacted in any way and no further action is required.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Google Cloud Platform / APIs Trust & Safety Team

1 Like

Thanks for the update surfcu.
The only email I got was

Dear Developer,
Based on information you provided, and/or further analysis by Google, we have determined your Google Cloud Platform/API project ***** does comply with our policies at this time.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

But that was because I switched to another project in the meantime. Good to know that it was due to an error on their part.