Video playback stops (returns to the Kodi menu) after a few seconds of resuming playback of a paused video

Hello!
I use Kodi, I do not use Plex, and the rclone mount works fine except that if I pause the playback of a video in kodi, then after resuming after a few seconds the playback stops and returns to the kodi menu. This always happens.

Someone else has the same problem and knows how to solve it?
Can you pause the video and then resume it without problem?

I think I remember that weeks ago I read in some topic here (or github) someone to say the same thing happened to me, but he used plex, I’m almost sure, but I’ve been looking for it for a while and I can not find it.

If someone can help me, I would appreciate it.
Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english

@ncw I’ve been looking for and I think I’ve found the thread where I commented that I saw someone who was experiencing the same problem as me.

As I have understood in the last comments the problem should have already been solved, but I still happen (I use the last stable version 1.35).

Here, I believe, the problem is also mentioned, although it is not exactly the same (“Movie will often pause or “jump” ahead, sometimes the movie will just stop, sending you back to the Plex menu.”): Plex server with Amazon drive - rclone crypt vs encFS speed

If someone can help me, I would appreciate it.
Sorry for my bad english, thank you very much!

Can you try the latest beta, if you are using crypt there was an error in retries that was fixed and could be the cause for your error.

It was me that posted that - it was actually fixed in one of the 1.34 betas but came back with 1.35. It was fixed in this discussion - https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/873#issuecomment-264466144. Not sure if the changes were missed in 1.35 or whether something else changed which broke this again.

I just put up with it now - I don’t pause videos often and when I do it’s easy enough just to have them resume.

Thanks @Ajki @reticentnz I have tried the last beta versions of v1.35 and this problem does not occur, I can pause and then resume playback without problems :grin:

Regards and thanks!