Vfs cache - vfs cache: restart download failed

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

vfs cache: restart download failed

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.65.2

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 22H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19045.4170 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.21.6
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Pcloud

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount pcloud:Plex/"Plex Media Server" M: --vfs-cache-mode minimal

Trying to run my plex media server from a mounted drive. I am able to get it to work if I delete the vfs folder that the mounted drive is linked to. However, If I restart my computer after I have the PMS running, I get:

ERROR : Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Tuner Service.log: vfs cache: restart download failed: failed to start downloader: failed to open downloader: vfs reader: failed to open source file: invalid seek position

I have tried --vfs-cahche-write, minimal,
--vfs-cache-max-age 10s
---------- Just to see if rclone would clear it without manually deleting the vfs cache files

This drive will never have anything in the vfs cache that will need to be saved in case of upload failure. What can I do to clear the cache on shutdown, but preferably on startup in case of a crash. If there is a better solution I'm all for it. Thank you

You have to use --vfs-cache-mode writes

For running Plex I would actually recommend --vfs-cache-mode full and add --vfs-cache-max-size 10GiB to control cache size. It will provide you much more smooth experience.

If I don't add the max size wouldn't it simply not have a cap for the size? I forget to mention that I have tried cache mode full and I seem to have the same problem. However I will try out your command line and do a test on it to see if I get the same error after reboot.

Correct. It is up to you but you risk that all free space on your disk will be consumed.

You can control cache size using below flags:

--vfs-cache-max-size SizeSuffix        Max total size of objects in the cache (default off)
--vfs-cache-min-free-space SizeSuffix  Target minimum free space on the disk containing the cache (default off)

with full and max size 10Gib after restarting PC and Plex I get:

The service rclone has been started.
2024/03/27 05:41:37 ERROR : Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.5.log: Couldn't delete: pcloud error: File not found. (2009)
2024/03/27 05:41:37 ERROR : Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.5.log: File.Rename error: pcloud error: File not found. (2009)
2024/03/27 05:41:37 ERROR : Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.4.log: Dir.Rename error: pcloud error: File not found. (2009)
2024/03/27 05:41:37 ERROR : IO error: pcloud error: File not found. (2009)
2024/03/27 05:41:56 ERROR : Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db-wal: Failed to copy: Put "https://api.pcloud.com/uploadfile?filename=com.plexapp.plugins.library.db-wal&folderid=20871146997&mtime=1711535238&nopartial=1": context canceled

Would --vfs-cache-min-free-space 0 clear the cache on start?

where did you install plex media server software?
on local storage, such as c:\program files drive or inside m:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.