--vfs-cache-max-size doesn't work

I have a setup of S3 (Scaleway) >> crypt
mounting string:

rclone mount s3crypt: /s3/s3 --allow-other --max-read-ahead 64M --log-file "/s3/logs/rclone-s3crypt.log" --log-level NOTICE --fast-list --tpslimit 240 --transfers 16 --buffer-size 64M --multi-thread-cutoff 5G --poll-interval 8640h --dir-cache-time 8640h --no-gzip-encoding --stats 24h --stats-one-line --vfs-case-insensitive --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 12G --vfs-cache-max-age 8640h --vfs-cache-poll-interval 8640h --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --cache-dir /s3/cache/ --write-back-cache --ignore-case-sync --ignore-errors --streaming-upload-cutoff 64M --gid 33 --uid 33 --umask 0002 --config /s3/rclone.conf --daemon

Debian 10
Fuse3

problem:
Vfs cache folder always goes over specified max size of 12G. Even after 12h+ of time it stays 17G - 20G etc... Could the --write-back-cache be the problem? as from my previous rclone use without it and some other tags, there were no such issues.

atm I have set the cron to clear older files ther.

The --vfs-cache-max-size can be exceeded if there are in-use files. In-use can be files that are open or being uploaded. Is it likely that there are > 12G of files open?

You've got --vfs-cache-mode full which guarantees files are downloaded first before opening. Did you try --vfs-cache-mode writes?

1 Like

There are surely no files being opened for longer that 30min~ , however I have Resilio sync listing the folder regularly.
I will give --vfs-cache-mode writes a try, but I had some issues in the past with it when working with word documents on windows and linux.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.