Very slow moving and copying files Windows

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Gdrive mounted in network mode but also tried folder mode, copying to the desktop or moving files to organise within the cloud mount is extremely slow.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

1.59.00 as reported from the exe file details, downloaded from the website and installed yesterday

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount --config=rclone.conf --log-level=INFO --log-file=rclone-mount.log --attr-timeout 1m --dir-cache-time 1m --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --user-agent ****** gdrive-crypt: X: --network-mode

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = ***
client_secret = ***
scope = drive
root_folder_id = ***
token = ***
team_drive = 

[gdrive-crypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive:/media
password = ***
password2 = ***

hi,
without a debug log, hard to know what is going on

many rcloners have been having issues with gdrive
https://forum.rclone.org/t/rclone-mount-random-slow-speeds/31417

i was in the middle of a slow copy so didnt want to stop to add the -vv could do it later, will check out the link thanks

Where are these set?

Sorry wrong word.

Why are they in your bat file? Why did you change them?

sorry i added them to try and keep my mount updated for use with plex on windows, ive since changed that setup but its a leftover from then.

Those items basically making any polling remote insanely slow as there's no directory cache time as you've reduced it to a minute so every time after 1 minute, it has to get a directory listing back instead of being in cache.

rclone mount

For a polling remote, you can set that to something insanely high.

Without knowing your specific use case, changing attribute timeout can cause corruption and bad things:

rclone mount

at the moment my use case for this mount is a cloud storage drive mounted in windows, i am setting up a retro gaming system where i will store all my roms on gdrive, i may need to script a download tied to the game launcher as ive seen done elsewhere but im on gigabit so most games will download instantly. i have it all on a proxmox host vms, lxc containers etc i have plex setup on an lxc container with rclone mounted to the debian host working great, this is within a windows vm.

i've removed the lines you mentioned, directory traversal is faster but the downloads are the same slow speed i did wonder if it was because its thousands of small files so i downloaded a movie and i get intermittent bursts of full bandwidth then crawling down to low 100kbs

Log file would be needed to dig into the issue.

If i set it to DEBUG is that the correct information you need

Yep. Just run a small test.

Google somewhat stinks for uploading small files as you can only do 2-3 per second.

I'm not sure if you are using Windows Explorer but that's painful. I'm not a Windows guy but I gather most Windows folks don't use that and use Rclone Browser or something.

right rclone browser may be the way forward, yeah i prefer linux but not conviced i will have an easy ride with steam and proton for gaming

Right, to be clear, I do have a Windows gaming machine but that's all it is used for :slight_smile:

HaHa well same here, its horrid but it works

is this suitable as pastebin cant allow more than a certain size

That all looks like a pretty normal log as nothing jumps out.

You'd probably want to increase your dir-cache-time as Google Drive is a polling remote.

I use:

--dir-cache-time 9999h

Any changes done outside the mount are picked up via polling and by default noticed in 1 minute.

The first time you do the mount and traverse, it has to build the directory cache as it's not persistent and does not stay in memory.

I use a rc command to prime that:

rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --rc-addr 127.0.0.1:5575 _async=true

The remote control is enabled on the mount by adding a few lines. My server is mine alone and not accessible to anyone else so I leave no auth and it's only visible on the server.

# This sets up the remote control daemon so you can issue rc commands locally
--rc \
# This is the default port it runs on
--rc-addr 127.0.0.1:5575 \
# no-auth is used as no one else uses my server and it is not a shared seedbox
--rc-no-auth \

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.