Using rclone to pull cpanel 's /backup to remote backup server monthly?

Hi Everyone

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

My goal is to use rclone to pull 10x cpanel servers' /backup (so cpanel has done its part first, rclone only need to pull all files under /backup) to remote backup server "monthly" and also it had better to be incremental and keep only one retention all the time! does anyone know how to achieve this?

Which OS you are using and how many bits

CentOS7 64bit minimum

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

our own local CentOS7+ cpanel installed server

We don't mind paying some fees to hire some helps, please kindly help us

hello and welcome to the forum,

rclone copy /backup remote:current --backup-dir=remote:archive

Hello
thank for your kind reply!

will your command line work like "incremental" ? such as rclone will only update files that have been changed? and there will be only one copy of "pulled over files" all the time? or every monthly backup files pulled by rclone will add up?

correct.

correct

the latest files will be in remote:current and one older copy will be in remote:archive

if you want a forever forward incremental style, which i do every day, that would look like something like this.

rclone sync /path/to/foder remote:current--backup-dir=remote:archive/20210609

if /path/to/folder/file.txt is modfied and an older version of file.txt exists in remote:current, then rclone will

1. move file.txt from
remote:current to remote:archive/`date +%Y%m%d`
  1. copy and overwrite file.txt from /path/to/folder to remote:current

huge thanks again
We will make a try and will report back if it works so other people might benefit the same

as sync can be destructive , test using --dry-run

ok thanks for the tip!

We have about 30TB files to rclone , any tip for performance :)?

you never defined that?

you need to define your use-case and take into account all the typical questions one would need to know about any transfer between the source and the dest.
i do not want to have to pull every answer from you.....

you are right, sorry my bad
we will come back with more detailed information after seting up this

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.