Users and mount commands in rclone Docker

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

A few questions:

• My non-Docker users can't see the folders when they're mounted. I've passed through a folder to the rclone Docker container where I mount the remotes, and then try to view those folders outside of Docker. (When I bash into the rclone container, I can see my mounted remotes and contents, which belong to the container's 'root' user.)
  • How can I specify which user the rclone Docker container is supposed to run as in my docker-compose file (I try to stay away from Docker run commands, etc.)
  • I think I should be able to auto-mount my remotes at container start through the "command" option. Is it possible to mount multiple remotes this way?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Latest rclone/rclone Docker image.

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu Server, 64-bit / Docker (via docker-compose)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Mega

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Here is my docker-compose file:

rclone:
    image: rclone/rclone
    container_name: rclone
    restart: unless-stopped
    command: 
    ports:
      - 5572:5572
    environment: 
      PHP_TZ: ${TZ}
      PUID: 1000
      PGID: 1000
    volumes:
      - ${APPDATA}/rclone:/config/rclone
      - ${APPDATA}/rclone:/logs
      - ${CLOUD}:/data
      - /etc/passwd:/etc/passwd:ro
      - /etc/group:/etc/group:ro
    devices:
      - /dev/fuse:/dev/fuse
    privileged: true
    cap_add:
      - SYS_ADMIN
    security_opt:
      - apparmor:unconfined

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Not needed - storage configuration is correct as I can see the contents of the remotes in the rclone web UI.

A log from the command with the -vv flag

I've passed through the log folder to my mounted Docker volumes, but I don't see any there after running the container. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

hello and welcome to the forum,

the config file and rclone mount command are missing from your post.....

I don't have a mount command because I'm using the default mount options in the Docker web interface.

What I'm trying to figure out is if I can run multiple mount commands in my docker-compose file before I start building them (since the web interface doesn't seem to save previously configured mounts).

does that include --allow-other?

It doesn't. I just tried it with allow other and allow root both set to yes, but had the same results.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.