URL upload to onedrive & use it as source for stream

then force a re-scan the jellyfin library.

I tried alot but it is not taking time to refresh. Have tried removing media folder & re-added too. But still the problem persist.

I think you are going through an exercise that isn't going to work at the end.

Onedrive has very limited API calls and is a really bad choice for streaming.

It's probably not refreshing because it's timing out but since you didn't share any logs, I can just guess.

If I wanted to use google drive. I can use it but its storage is only 15 GB for my account. How can I have like 1 TB for gdrive..?

How can I share the logs of jellyfin / rclone..? I wanted to do it.

You buy it.

There's no need. Good luck!

This is what I get on jellyfin logs.


[18:58:39] [INF] [4] Jellyfin.Api.Auth.CustomAuthenticationHandler: AuthenticationScheme: CustomAuthentication was challenged.


looking at your config file, i do not think you have done this.

https://rclone.org/onedrive/#getting-your-own-client-id-and-key

Correct client_id & client_secretkey was not set while setting up remote with rclone config

i use emby, but should apply to jellyfin.

by default, emby will scan the entire file, creating thumbnails, previews and so on
so you need to reduce the amount of data that needs to be downloaded.

and disable all scheduled scans

Any specific settings that you use to stop all these.

by default, emby will scan the entire file, creating thumbnails, previews and so on
so you need to reduce the amount of data that needs to be downloaded.

How to disable this..?

and disable all scheduled scans

read the jellyfin docs, join the jellyfin forum.

Have created both client_id & secret key. But getting this error. Tried with edit & new option in rclone config.


Couldn't decode response - try again (make sure you are using a matching version of rclone on both sides: invalid character 'e' looking for beginning of value


how did you edit the config file?
using a text editor or rclone config?

rclone config---> choosen option 'e' ---> provided my client_id & secretkey ---> then others details ---> when provided config token. Pressed enter key. This is happening.

create a new remote

Deleted existing remote. SSH session closed. vm instance rebooted. Created new remote. Still same error.


Couldn't decode response - try again (make sure you are using a matching version of rclone on both sides: invalid character 'e' looking for beginning of value

fwiw, in the past, i used rclone crypt on onedrive and never had issues using emby.

never deleted the 100GB of media.

so as a test, re-added that to new emby library, emby scanned very quickly.
playback is excellent, and seeking is near instantaneous.

Onedrive throttling posts...

Search results for 'onedrive throttling' - rclone forum

Too many to type in.

sure we all have seen all too many such posts.

perhaps streaming vs rclone copy/sync issue?
perhaps @ole can comment?

API is API regardless the task. I don't want to hijack this post with it anyway. If it works for you, great, but that seems not the norm.