What is the problem you are having with rclone?
Just an understand problem. I understand that by uploading from rclone to Proton Drive, rclone is using the E2E encryption provided by Proton, so, files are encrypted the same as if they were uploaded using Proton desktop app. Is that accurate?
So, no need to use Crypt in between if I'm happy with Proton's encryption security.
I'm new to this, I hope I'm not wasting anybody's time.
Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.
rclone v1.75.1
- os/version: darwin 27.0 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 27.0.0 (arm64)
- os/type: darwin
- os/arch: arm64 (ARMv8 compatible)
- go/version: go1.26.8
- go/linking: dynamic
- go/tags: cmount
Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)
Proton Drive
The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)
rclone sync
Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.
Paste config here
A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag
Paste log here