"Unlimited" alternatives to Google Drive, what are the options?

So Others can See my Data?

The admin would have access, this is why you should encrypt.

Dam, yes I now see that as well. I should have signed up yesterday...

I've used black.host with pretty good results.

1 Like

yep it seems so. I missed that boat as well since I have not received the g workspace email (yet) but once get it will have to think on joining someone else's team maybe - still not so sure about that option.

Admin from LayerOne? All my Data in gsuite are encrypted Only I would have a bad feeling if an admin could simply delete all my data. By Google i Had a good Feeling because IT is a big company.

Is LayerOne a official reseller from Dropbox and create for every own User a new User at dropbox or Do they only have 3 accounts at Dropbox and have there own Management an Servers that Split the Files to her User Accounts?

Yes.
You provide your email on sign up, they send a Dropbox invite to the team, you create the Dropbox account at that point.

I am a member of LayerOne ... but their space is used and they do not respond to mail or anything about more space for the account it has been out of space for the last 2 days ... thinking the other 21 users will complain

They wrote today an email that their space is affected by a bug :wink: and therefore it is FULL now.

yeah, I know... but how long can dropbox take to fix that error I'm just wondering... hope it gets fixed soon

How can it BE that Dropbox have a Bug and Not solved the issues Over days?

I guess there is no such bug.
Just they were overwhelming with requests and Dropbox didn't react on that fast / or maybe they need to discuss why suddenly they need that space at all.

I asked for my personal account man. LayerOnline is my backup one, and it's still unusable.

I was wondering why it takes sooooo long to solve that.

because it is not good for Dropbox?

Or LayerOnline are way over their heads ?

As a normal advanced customer they're still increasing my storage for now, no problème...

For someone on LayerOnline, how big is their account? You should be able to see the account/team total by clicking your user icon, then settings, then plan.

Would be interesting to know how big it got before DB had a problem with it. Or potentially DB was not a fan of an unofficial reseller in general.

1 Like

Not that big:
69 TB

2 Likes

giphy

Very odd then. Maybe they didn’t like them reselling.

1 Like

Wow that is nothing. I think LayerOne will become Problems with ther Business Plan. I also don't understand how they can offer Google unlimited for this price, although there will soon be no more unlimited.