Unencrypt ALL files in gdrive

It is an interactive command so you'd need to use something like screen or something else to run it.

Quite primer here:

It allows you to detach from the server and it will continue to run as it will take quite some time.

What would happen if the entire server went down while the command was running?

It would stop running and you'd have to run it again once it came back online.

Nothing would be lost as it would pick up where it left off.

1 Like

Okay, thank you!

What will I have to change with the config once the files are transferred?

You would just change the:

remote = gdrive:/gdrive to point to the folder you setup above.

Okay. I guess I'll have to change up everything anyway because I'm going to setup MergerFS.

What does mergerfs have to do with this? It doesn't care what the underlying mount is.

I just am setting up mergerfs and don't want to have to deal with encryption later on, so I'm getting rid of it now.

Just be aware that it is perfectly possible to keep the data encrypted and use a Union or mergerFS (I'm fairly sure even though I haven't used mergerFS spesifically) based setup. That's not really a conflict at all - in fact that's how I do it (via union), and I think Animosity too (via mergerFS)?

Data stored locally might be in encrypted form depending on the setup, but that's not a problem. You just read it through an encryption remote and it's ready to use.

1 Like

Yes, I know this is the case, but I just didn't want encryption anymore and decided it would be best to take if off now rather than later when I have more files.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.