Unable to upload to Gsuite as of a couple hours ago

alas i dont have that file in that dir :frowning:

Is there any files in the /etc/network/interfaces.d/ directory?

no.....

googling some more could this be the answer?

"Take a look at /etc/systemd/resolved.conf, update that and restart systemd-resolved"

i do have that file but none of the values are filled in...

if i put the new dns's in there do i have to fill the rest of that file out? dns, fallback dns and domains?

#DNS=

how exactly do i enter that there-
#DNS= 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 ?

Start with sudo resolvectl status or alternatively sudo systemd-resolve --status
You can edit this file, but you have to restart the systemd-resolved with sudo systemctl restart systemd-resolved, afterwards check for the status again with sudo resolvectl status.

// Edit:
Forgot to add: No, you don't have to provide all values, you can select which options you want to add. Simply leave the rest commented.

so is this the EXACT way i would enter the values?

#DNS= 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8

You need to remove the hash in front, so that it looks like:
DNS=1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8

Please do not remove the remainder of the file, simply uncomment that one line (by removing the hash sign (#)) and adding your values.
The option DNS is in a 'section', hence removing the remainder of the file will render your changes useless and leave you with a broken DNS.

After you made your changes, restart resolved with sudo systemctl restart systemd-resolved

1 Like

On Hetzner FSN1 here. Changing DNS servers only temporarily fixed the 429 error on upload. So, I don't see it as a permanent fix. I changed them to Cloud Flare DNS and was only able to upload a few files before the problem returned.

That's exactly what i have experienced.

ugh... so does anyone have this fix working?

are you sure its

DNS=1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8

and not

DNS=1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8

tried DNS=1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8 and alas it didnt take

though seeing the two recent posts about this being a 5 or 6 file temporary fix... its probably a moot point : (

Okay, it is definitively working for me. I am uploading my missed backups from the night since 4 hours straight without any issue.

@David_M: You are right, it is actually space separated. My bad, sorry!
so it should look like:
DNS=1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8

ok thanks

how many files uploaded? people above are saying it seemed fixed and worked for like 30 min a few files then started erroring out again : (

for the record changing that to a space not a comma fixed it and the dns changed FINALLY stuck : )

trying my first upload with the cloudflare dns... fingers crossed... but from the above... i'm not real confident : ) : (

I'm on Hetzner FSN1, seeing the same issue. Changed to DNS 1.1.1.1/8.8.8.8 which seemed to work for about 10 minutes but then ran into the same issue again.

testing my first uploads with the changed dns....

of the people that say it stopped working..

how many gigs or how many minutes did it work for...

and re you using a bandwidth limit? (i always use like 35mbs) (and only one file at a time)

still working here at the 20 minute mark... fingers crossed, but i'm expecting the worst : ) : (

Mine is a mount with VFS cache and 1 hour writeback. I have about 250 gigs in cache that immediately fail to upload.

oh...

well of the people here saying the dns fix works for a bit then stops working..

are you doing an Rclone MOVE?

still working here after 50 minutes and 100 gigs (35mbs bandwidth limit/one file at a time)

I only got 2GB uploaded, i think it was 3 files before it started happening again after changing the DNS. I'm using service accounts to copy to Team/Shared Drives but not to break the 750GB limit or anything. I rarely even get close to 750GB in a single day. This 429 error originally started happening last night.

DNS worked for a bit but back to getting errors. Only 1 of my servers has been reliably uploading since changing the DNS. Other servers now just upload some bit, slow down, and fail 90% of the time.

maybe try using a bandwidth limit and 1 file at a time..

(also i'm using the cloudflare not google dns)

i'm at a little over an hour and 130 gigs and still running smoothly....

i'm not using the most recent rclone probably one from 2020

the command i'm using is-

rclone --no-check-certificate --no-traverse -v --bwlimit 35M --drive-chunk-size=64M --transfers=1 --drive-stop-on-upload-limit move /home/xxxx/xxxxxxx/.local/ gdrive:

(i upload encfs encrypted files and i use plexdrive nor rclone for a mount if that helps)