Unable to find Sharepoint root, rclone not finding admin directory

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hello!

I have creds for site xxxxx-admin.sharepoint but when I login through rclone it sets the directory as xxxxx.sharepoint

The non-admin directory doesn't appear to have the right layout to grab all of the data at once.

I guess I am just trying to figure out why when I login with my credentials through that sharepoint site it takes me right to where I need to be, but rclone does not.

This is the full URL that I am trying to reach:
https://xxxxx-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/AdminHome.aspx#/siteManagement/view/ALL%20SITES

Any help on how I can do this would be much appreciated!!

-Tony

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.66.0
- os/version: Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter 21H2 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 10.0.20348.2031 (x86_64)
- os/type: windows
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.22.1
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Sharepoint

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone lsd xxxxx_onedrive:/

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

[xxxxx_onedrive]
type = onedrive
token = XXX
drive_id = XXX
drive_type = business

Just a couple of things that I have tried since posting:

I used the siteid for the admin site for the setup and that didn't get me to the 'Sites > Active Sites' folder

I figured out I can rclone sync each site individually, there are over 600 sites in the 1 sharepoint org though - is there a way I can sync all of the sites at once?

Can you rclone config redacted and show the command lines you've com e up with? That will hopefully give us some ideas - thank you.

Thanks for the response!

The solution ended up being much more involved than anticipated - in short, I created a list of the sharepoint's driveid's, then imported the list into a powershell script that iterated through and ran each individual rclone sync.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.