Unable to copy/move files on DSM only ssh or drive web

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm completely newbie and English is not my own language so I'm going to try to explain my problem as best as I can. I have installed Rclone on a Synology ds216+II and I have configured with google drive (teams) and the cache and it's working. I can upload files and folders to drive using google drive web or by ssh but I can't copy/move using Synology dsm.I can delete files using DSM.

I have asked on a telegram Synology group and a guy said that it's not possible to move files on DSM to a grdrive folder, he said that this folder has only READ permissions. Before opening a new post I have read several posts and I have found a post asking something similar, but I can't copy the link here, the user is anon11201341. I have bought the "exfat acess" on Synology store but it does not work for me.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Synology DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive (team)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

/usr/bin/rclone mount gcache: /volume1/video/gdrive --log-level INFO --log-file /volume1/video/zzRclone/cache.log --allow-other --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=48h --buffer-size=64M --attr-timeout=1s --vfs-read-chunk-size=64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --cache-dir /volume1/Video/zzRclone/cache --user-agent=NAS --cache-workers 8 --config=/volume1/video/zzRclone/rclone.conf &

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Sorry, I don't know where I have to write exactly I have this, I don't know it can help

2020/05/04 23:52:28 INFO : plex: stopped Plex watcher
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : Starting HTTP transaction limiter: max 10 transactions/s with burst 10
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : gcache: Cache DB path: /tmp/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : gcache: Cache chunk path: /tmp/rclone/cache-backend/gcache
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : gcache: Chunk Memory: true
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : gcache: Chunk Size: 5M
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : gcache: Chunk Total Size: 10G
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : gcache: Chunk Clean Interval: 1m0s
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : gcache: Workers: 8
2020/05/04 23:54:32 INFO : gcache: File Age: 1d

Hello,

Any help is welcome :slight_smile: I can't found the solution.

Hmm, that sounds like a permissions problem. You might need --allow-other in the mount if DSM is running as a different user. You might also need --umask 0000

Hello ncw,

I have add --umask 0000 but issue persist and --allow-other was from the beginning. I can read and delete but I can not write.

Is it correct this script? I have changed the folders just for test purposes.

/usr/bin/rclone mount gcache: /volume1/video/zzRclone/GDrive --umask 0000 --log-level INFO --log-file /volume1/video/zzRclone/cache.log --allow-other --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=48h --buffer-size=64M --attr-timeout=1s --vfs-read-chunk-size=64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --cache-dir /volume1/Video/zzRclone/cache --user-agent=NAS --cache-workers 8 --config=/volume1/video/zzRclone/rclone.conf &

I have tried to edit the permissions but it's not possible.

You'd want to switch the log from INFO to DEBUG and recreate the issue and we can see what the error is in the log.

cache_debug.log (162.6 KB)

There are 0 write attempts in that log so it seems it isn't making it to rclone.

Sorry, I have sent the debug file before trying to copy something by DSM. Please find attached the new debug log. cache_debug2.log (202.7 KB)

I'm not seeing any write attempts in that log either. I'd guess the GUI is blocking something but not sure what as it never makes it to rclone.

Hello,

A mate said on telegram group that DSM does not permit to copy or move files but curiously it permits to delete. Is it true? Did you move/copy files using DSM ??

Thank you!

You'd have to ask someone on the DSM side as I don't use it and would not know. I only can help from the rclone layer :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.