Unable to Copy Files in Subfolders with Spaces in Names

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hello,
I'm trying to copy specific file types under a local folder and it's sub-folders to Google Drive, however, I notice that -whenever the process is finished- the files with specified extensions under subfolders having spaces in names are not copied and the corresponding subfolders are not created on Google Drive.

As far as I know the folder names with spaces need to be quoted, but since I only define the top folder path, I do not know how to define a general filter or a use a flag to include all subfolders with spaces in names. I will appreciate if you could help on this topic.

Thanks in advance.

Rclone Version
rclone v1.58.1
- os/version: raspbian 10.12
- os/kernel: 5.10.103-v7l+ (armv7l)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: arm
- go/version: go1.17.9
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Rclone Command I Use

*rclone copy /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-8A66914F66913D3F/Album/ "GDrive:Album" --include "*.{jpg,jpeg,png,bmp,tif,txt}" --progress*

Nothing immediately strikes me as wrong.

Try this and see if the files you want are in the output

rclone lsf -R /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-8A66914F66913D3F/Album/ --include "*.{jpg,jpeg,png,bmp,tif,txt}"

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your help. May I ask, exactly what "lsf -R" does ?

Check out:

rclone lsf

Thanks for the link. I have checked it out but since I am not good at such things could not understand very well the case.

Could you please clarify a bit?

The rclone lsf command above will recursively list the directory but it will use the filters so you can check which files would be synced.

Thank you for the clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.