Unable to access fastweb wowspace webdav (bearer_token fails)

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

ERROR : : error listing: couldn't list files: Username or password was incorrect, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured: Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: 401 Unauthorized

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

This is the output of rclone version:
rclone v1.50.2

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.6

...but I'm not using it from command line: I'm using the rclone gui named "rclone browser" v1.8.0 in ubuntu

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

I'm trying to access to a webdav service named wowspace and provided by my ISP:
https://cloud.wowspace.it/remote.php/webdav

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[wowspace]
type = webdav
url = https://cloud.wowspace.it/remote.php/webdav
vendor = nextcloud
user = username
pass = password

This issue has already been discussed in this topic (which is closed and I can't reply to):

In that case, user @comio has been able to successfully setup rclone but I'm not able to reproduce his solution:

1. the next cloud desktop app logs in properly using a webview and does not store the password in any keyring
  2. so I'm unable to get it with secret-tool
  3. so if I use my real password in the rclone setup it is not able to login and fails every command complaining about bearer_token

I'd like to know by either @falafel or @comio if they are still able to use rclone with wowspace and get more details about how to solve it.

Thanks

hello and welcome to the forum,

webdav auth varies between providers
please this post, where i solve that problem.
should be easy to replicate that.

and really need to update rclone, to latest stable v1.57.0
https://rclone.org/downloads/#script-download-and-install

Hello and thanks for the quick reply!

I've updated rclone as you suggested and I've looked at the post you refer but I feel I miss some background here: I'd like to have a try with password=bearer_token but I don't know where I should get that token from.

According to this blog post [1] I should find it using the browser developer tools as a response to login but my "response" tab is empty "because this request was redirected".

Moreover, is this token supposed to change everytime I log in or to be static?

In the "header" tab of the browser developer's tools I've found a couple of very long strings identified by tags like "requestToken=" or just "request="... should I try with those?

I see rclone config has some options named after "bearer token" and "bearer token command" but I don't understand if I should use them.

Thanks for your support

[1] Find a Bearer Token in Chrome

how did you create wowspace in the config file,
using rclone config or what?

need to post a full debug log.

I've been using rclone with a gui, so not sure how to get the full log.
Anyway, when configuring a remote in the gui it just opens rclone config and I've used that (no direct modification of the config file).

To have more logs, I've tried with this command by command line (first time):
rclone -vv tree wowspace:
<7>DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "tree" "wowspace:"]
<7>DEBUG : rclone: systemd logging support activated
<7>DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "wowspace:"
<7>DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/fabio/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
<7>DEBUG : found headers:
<3>ERROR : : error listing: couldn't list files: Username or password was incorrect, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured: Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: 401 Unauthorized
<7>DEBUG : 5 go routines active
Failed to tree: couldn't list files: Username or password was incorrect, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured: Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: 401 Unauthorized

i would create a new remote and make sure the username and password are correct.

Hello

I've just deleted the previous remote and created a new one using command line only.
Here is the config after replacing the actual user name and password

# rclone config show wowspace2:
--------------------
[wowspace2]
type = webdav
url = https://cloud.wowspace.it/remote.php/webdav/
vendor = nextcloud
user = username
pass = password
--------------------

but I still get the same

rclone -vv tree wowspace2:
<7>DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.57.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "tree" "wowspace2:"]
<7>DEBUG : rclone: systemd logging support activated
<7>DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "wowspace2:"
<7>DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/user/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
<7>DEBUG : found headers: 
<3>ERROR : : error listing: couldn't list files: Username or password was incorrect, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured: Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: 401 Unauthorized
<7>DEBUG : 4 go routines active
Failed to tree: couldn't list files: Username or password was incorrect, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured: Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated: 401 Unauthorized

username and password are correct and I'm able to use them in the web login via browser

I was hopeful about the solution you reported in that post, but I've no idea what to use as a bearer_token

kind regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.