Trying to configure correctly to log in to One Drive

What is the problem you are having with rclone? Ultimately want to get Rclone to do my backup to oneDrive, but for now I would settle for getting it to log into oneNote and post a single file. I edit the config and run it and I get the error We're unable to complete your request

unauthorized_client: The client does not exist or is not enabled for consumers. If you are the application developer, configure a new application through the App Registrations in the Azure Portal at Microsoft Azure.

I have tried variations for the secret code and client ID, but I get the same error. This is the error message I get on the web page that pops up. No idea where I should be starting. Should I be looking in the Azure or in the configuration of the Rclone?

Desperate
Mike

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Config

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

Hi Mike,

Sounds like you are having issues trying to setup OneDrive using your own Client ID:
https://rclone.org/onedrive/#getting-your-own-client-id-and-key

It usually makes no difference whether you use rclone's Client ID or your own Client ID with OneDrive, so I suggest you just leave the Client ID and Client Secret empty/blank as shown in this guide:
https://rclone.org/onedrive/#configuration

Thanks for the input. Got me past the first hurdle. Created a new remote and it got me in. I am using the Rclone browser, easier for me to follow. If I need help getting to the next step I will raise my hand.

A couple of questions. Does Rclone run fast? I am currently using Beyond Compare using Microsoft's scheduler. I have it set up to do a mirror operation, but lately it has been taking beyond the nightly schedule. I realize an incremental backup is fastest, but how fast? I have 502 GB total. Ideally I would like something that would run overnight while I am sleeping. Can I configure it to do an incremental backup of everything unattended?

Mike

it depends on your mix of files, the quality of your internet connection and the throttling from onedrive.

yes, one of the easiest methods is windows task scheduler.

Thanks for the reply. Taking this in small steps. Right now it has been working for 3.5 hours on doing everything. Thank god I already had the folders set up. Then I can see about configuring for other things.

Happy new year, and thanks for the reply.

Mike

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.