Transfer files from one shared drive to another shared drive

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Hello, someone wants me to create a 2nd team drive disk on my drive to run a complicated docker machine for nothing. Now I would like to transfer what was put in the 2nd team disc on the 1st to come back as before. My files are encrypted so it's more complicated. In addition, the main folder of the 2 team drives has the same name. he did a relay of the 2

thank you!

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
-->the last one

Which cloud storage system are you using? google

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

docker, i don't know

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
client_id =
client_secret =
type = drive
token =

[tdrive]
client_id =
client_secret =
type = drive
token = {"access_token":
team_drive =

[tcrypt]
type = crypt
remote = tdrive:/encrypt
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password =
password2 =

Paste config here

what I understand is that I have to transfer the files from gdrive to tdrive

Hello, you sound a bit unexperienced with what you're trying to accomplish considering you're a bit unclear.
I don't understand what you mean by using Docker, but if you are referring to Google Drive's Shared Drives, you should be able to move all the data directly from the Google Drive website. Just head onto drive.google.com go into your Shared Drive, select the directories/files you want to move and right click -> move (a window will pop up) -> shared drives > select your shared drive destination > select subdirectory (if you want) > move. A notification will pop up on the bottom left of the page labelled "moving," once it changes to "Moved" then you can continue editing moving deleting files if you wish. There might be a bug where you go to the destination folder and your data isn't there, don't worry, your data isn't lost forever, just wait a few hours, days or weeks depending on how much data you're moving and it should all reappear

Yes but My files are encrypted so it's more complicated. I can't do it directly with google drive on the website

You just make two remotes and if you have crypt, you put that on top of each remote and just rclone copy crypt1: crypt2: if that that you want to do.

Hello I think the problem at the start is I have to rename one of the main folders of the 2 team drives, because they have the same name. Thanks!

if you have both remote drives configured as Team Drives but the remotes on rclone are renamed differently (i.e Shared Drive 1 (a), Shared Drive 1 (b), then you can move files from one remote to another and rclone will know which files to move where. Just make sure to mount the team drives first to figure out which is which. Ultimately, renaming the Shared Drives on the drive.google.com website are probably easiest.

1 Like

Hi, I would use this command, but I wonder if there is a data limit per day between 2 team drives.

rclone copy teamdrive2:/encrypt teamdrive1:/encrypt --drive-server-side-across-configs --drive-stop-on-upload-limit=true -vv

I searched for the information, but I only found between google drive and team drive. [remote] give me some error..

sep 18 20:13:17 jonathan-System-Product-Name rclone[777]: NOTICE: Free Space is not supported for upstream encrypt2, treating as infinite

sep 18 12:02:30 jonathan-System-Product-Name rclone[777]: NOTICE: Free Space is not supported for upstream encrypt1, treating as infinite

[Uptobox]
type = uptobox
access_token =

[Google]
type = drive
scope = drive
token =

[teamdrive1]
type = drive
client_id =
client_secret =
scope = drive
token =
team_drive =

[teamdrive2]
type = drive
client_id =
client_secret =
scope = drive
token =
team_drive =

[encrypt1]
type = crypt
remote = teamdrive1:/encrypt
password =
password2 =

[encrypt2]
type = crypt
remote = teamdrive2:/encrypt
password =
password2 =

[remote]
type = union
upstreams = encrypt1: /encrypt encrypt2: /encrypt Uptobox: Google:

Hello, I have a question. Why every time I run the command that copies the contents of disk a to b does it always transfer something even when I don't add anything more to disk a and the transfer is supposedly complete each time? I use the command:
rclone copy teamdrive2:/encrypt teamdrive1:/encrypt --drive-server-side-across-configs --tpslimit=10 --transfers=10 --max-transfer=500G --cutoff-mode=soft -vv

Transferred: 16.477 GiB / 16.477 GiB, 100%, 47.600 MiB/s, ETA 0s
Checks: 7227 / 7227, 100%
Transferred: 1 / 1, 100%
Elapsed time: 6m25.3s

hi,

if you have the debug log, pick a single file, and post the output for that here.
did the filesize change?, did the modtime change or what?

if you do not have that log then could
run your command using --dry-run, we can identify a single file and figure out what is going on.

and for that single file, let's call it file.ext, on the source and dest run something like,
rclone lsl teamdrive2:/encrypt/path/to/file.ext
rclone lsl teamdrive1:/encrypt/path/to/file.ext

After redoing the command 4 or 5 times I ended up having a positive result, I was wondering when it was going to be really transfer everything!

2022/10/04 08:15:35 DEBUG : Google drive root 'encrypt': Waiting for transfers to finish
2022/10/04 08:15:35 INFO : There was nothing to transfer
2022/10/04 08:15:35 NOTICE:
Transferred: 0 B / 0 B, -, 0 B/s, ETA -
Checks: 7228 / 7228, 100%
Elapsed time: 6m26.1s

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.