Trailing characters with --stats-one-line -P --stats

I use rclone a lot and it’s the first time I have trailing characters when I use the flags:

--stats-one-line -P --stats

The 4) that is highlighted on the image remains even after the stats get updated every couple of seconds.

I am still on the same upload (still on the same cmd windows) and now I have 3 trailing characters, not two.

What’s the full command you are running? What rclone version are you using?

I try to do that and get:

[felix@gemini data]$ rclone copy 1G.out GD: --stats-one-line -P
152M / 1024.000 MBytes, 15%, 18.950 MBytes/s, ETA 46s^C
[felix@gemini data]$ rclone copy 1G.out GD: --stats-one-line -P --stats
Error: flag needs an argument: --stats
  rclone copy source:path dest:path [flags]

      --create-empty-src-dirs   Create empty source dirs on destination after copy
  -h, --help                    help for copy

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.

2019/04/16 09:51:15 Fatal error: flag needs an argument: --stats
[felix@gemini data]$ rclone version
rclone v1.47.0
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.12.4

Here is my command:
rclone sync “local folder” “remote name”:“remote folder” --log-file “path to log” --log-level INFO --delete-after --copy-links --stats-one-line -P --stats 5s

you need to replace local folder, remote name, remote folder and path to log

I don’t think it matters but I am syncing on a google drive account.

Notice, that this is the first time that I see this bug and I do a lot of sync with rclone.

I am still on the same upload and now I only have 2 trailing characters

Sorry, I forgot my rclone version:

rclone --version returns this:

rclone v1.43.1
- os/arch: windows/amd64
- go version: go1.11

I have just updated to version 1.47, I will let you know if I still see this bug.

Yes, I still get the bug with 1.47. I was able to witness it this time.
When I started the rclone command, the ETA was something 11h11m11s but a couple of second after it became 1h1h11s and because the number of characters in this second ETA is less (7 vs 9 for the first ETA), then I get the trailing characters.

I’d open an issue on the github and include your OS version.

I ran a few tests myself and couldn’t reproduce it unfortunately so if you can include more details that may help narrow it down as well.

Do you have any special characters in your files? Chinese or japanese?

The Windows terminal is a bit of a mess when it comes to those and CMD and powershell behave differently, so it might be worth trying the other one of those.

No I don’t have special characters like Chinese and Japanese, but I do have ~ and %.

I start my rclone command in 2 different ways:

One way is to double click on a cmd file with this in it (this script get the script filename and create a path for the log file in another folder):

@echo off

echo start CMD

set datetime=%DATE% %TIME%

REM get filename of cmd

set filename=%~n0

set new_filename=%filename:Real =%

 REM get grandparent folder

SET parent=%~dp0

FOR %%a IN ("%parent:~0,-1%") DO SET grandparent_folder=%%~dpa

REM create log filename from new_filename 

set grandparent_folder

if not exist "%grandparent_folder%log" mkdir "%grandparent_folder%log"

set logpath= "%grandparent_folder%log\%new_filename%.log

@echo on

rclone sync “local folder” “remote name”:“remote folder” --log-file %logpath%" --log-level INFO --delete-after --copy-links --stats-one-line -P --stats 5s

python "" "%logpath%" "%datetime%" 

Note that it is normal that there is only a single " after %logpath% (and none before).

The second way is to start a python script with a GUI that let me choose with cmd I want (I have several cmd like the one above for different remotes/Google drive). The cmd is called with[cmd_path]).

I have the trailing characters for both even though the first one is running in a cmd console and the second one in a python console.

Note that the trailing characters don’t bother me, but it may bother or confuse new users.

I am trying in powershell and will let you know

Well I didn’t take that long… I still get the trailing characters in Powershell.

Hmm… Which version of Windows are you using?

I wonder if this is to do with the config password… Can you try removing the config password and see if that helps? The config password turns off echoing which I suppose could mess up the terminal somehow.

I try without the password, I still got the bug. I also recreated a brand new config file, with a new remote on a drop box account this time (instead of Google drive) and… same bug.

Now that you mention my version of Windows… I updated a couple of days ago to Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.437 (I was before on Windows 10 1803). This may be the cause why I never got the bug before and wrote in my first post that “it’s the first time” thinking I may not get the bug any time some. But each time after I tried I got it in less than 30 secondes.

Thanks for doing that testing.

Can you please make a new issue on github about this. Please put a link to this thread and relevant info in there - thank you.

You can find the new issue here. Sorry for the delay!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.