The EU location constraint is incompatible for the region specific endpoint this request was sent to

Hi,

I am trying to copying files from my local machines to AWS S3 bucket. I have configured all the pre-requisites. But, I am getting this below error Failed to sync with 4 errors: last error was: failed to prepare upload: IllegalLocationConstraintException: The EU location constraint is incompatible for the region specific endpoint this request was sent to.

Command that I am using to copy the files:
rclone.exe -P sync ./ S3:docuwareapplication/Fichiers_prod/azstpgedo01/fsdwprod/temp --create-empty-src-dirs -vv

In case you need help please answer all questions from the template you just ignored. Nobody is going to guess all details.

Please find the below rclone config file details:

C:\Users\AL1103137>rclone config redacted
[S3]                                                                                                                                                                                         type = s3                                                                                                                                                                                    provider = AWS                                                                                                                                                                               env_auth = true                                                                                                                                                                              region = eu-central-1                                                                                                                                                                        location_constraint = EU                                                                                                                                                                     acl = private                                                                                                                                                                                server_side_encryption = AES256                                                                                                                                                              storage_class = STANDARD                                                                                                                                                                     profile = GEDONLINE                                                                                                                                                                          directory_markers = true                                                

Command that I am using to copy the files:

rclone.exe -P sync ./ s3:docuwareapplication/Fichiers_prod/azstpgedo01/fsdwprod/temp --create-empty-src-dirs -vv

Output or Error that I am getting:

Transferred:              0 B / 0 B, -, 0 B/s, ETA -                                                                                                                                         Errors:                 4 (retrying may help)                                                                                                                                                Elapsed time:         1.6s                                                                                                                                                                   2023/12/26 19:28:34 Failed to sync with 4 errors: last error was: failed to prepare upload: IllegalLocationConstraintException: The EU location constraint is incompatible for the region specific endpoint this request was sent to.                                                                                                                                                             status code: 400, request id: AQMCB51VNF60KGK4, host id: n5bhBNEW67v2+55mNIcZa30Yn2AClpG5qRBlSLzrpZiS0q5pEXw4dfYwjU/cCGcKiCtiY4+GJrk=

I have provided the details in the below comments of this ticket.

Please check i really need help and please do let me know if any more details you require from my side.

please post the full output of these commands

rclone version
rclone config redacted S3:

and for this command, if you want, can redact folder/filenames
rclone lsd S3: -vv

rclone version 

rclone v1.64.2                                                                                                          - os/version: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 1607 (64 bit)                                                    - os/kernel: 10.0.14393.6529 (x86_64)                                                                                   - os/type: windows                                                                                                      - os/arch: amd64                                                                                                        - go/version: go1.21.3                                                                                                  - go/linking: static                                                                                                    - go/tags: cmount  
rclone config redacted S3:

[S3]                                                                                                                    type = s3                                                                                                               provider = AWS                                                                                                          env_auth = true                                                                                                         region = eu-central-1                                                                                                   acl = private                                                                                                           server_side_encryption = AES256                                                                                         storage_class = STANDARD                                                                                                profile = GEDONLINE                                                                                                     directory_markers = true                                                                                                ### Double check the config for sensitive info before posting publicly 
rclone lsd S3: -vv

2023/12/26 20:35:04 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.64.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "S3:" "-vv"]                                                                                  2023/12/26 20:35:04 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "S3:"                                                                                                                               2023/12/26 20:35:04 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\\Users\\AL1103137\\AppData\\Roaming\\rclone\\rclone.conf"                                                                                       -1 2023-12-26 14:35:09        -1 awsp-ged-database-dump                                                                                                                                      -1 2023-12-26 11:51:29        -1 awsp-ged-online-dev-log-bucket                                                                                                                              -1 2023-12-18 15:49:54        -1 docuwareapplication                                                                                                                                         -1 2023-06-15 07:57:59        -1 s3-alzp-698288901380-eu-central-1-pf-security-logs                                                                                                          -1 2023-06-15 07:59:08        -1 s3-alzp-698288901380-eu-west-1-pf-security-logs                                                                                                             -1 2023-12-26 11:45:04        -1 terraform-state-698288901380-eu-central-1-production                                                                                              2023/12/26 20:35:04 DEBUG : 6 go routines active   

best to update to latest v1.65.0 and test again.

and the way you copy/paste text is hard to read.
it should look like

[S3]                                                                                                                    
type = s3                                                                                                               
provider = AWS                                                                                                          
env_auth = true                                                                                                         
region = eu-central-1                                                                                                   
acl = private                                                                                                           
server_side_encryption = AES256                                                                                         
storage_class = STANDARD                                                                                                
profile = GEDONLINE                                                                                                     
directory_markers = true                                                                                                
### Double check the config for sensitive info before posting publicly 

Just to let you know, i have just now removed the below flags from rlcone config.

location_constraint = EU

Now, its in running and In progress, will let you know if its succedded.

Meanwhile, can you please confirm if we dont use this flag then what will be the impact ?

sorry for this copy-paste things.. I am not so good into it :frowning:

as per the docs, "Used when creating buckets only"

fwiw, i have not used that flag, as i have not asked rclone to create buckets.

Yes, without using this "location_constraint " flag, its working now

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.