The best config to mount Rclone to MacOS using Crypt and Dropbox

Hi, everyone!

At the moment I'm trying to find a good mix of parameters to make my Rclone mount to MacOS as fast and smooth as possible. At this moment my latest try was with:

rclone mount -vvv --allow-other --vfs-cache-mode full --checkers 16 --transfers 10 --dir-cache-time 180s --vfs-write-back 10s --vfs-write-back 60s --cache-dir /Users/jannicksohosted/cache --vfs-cache-max-age 600h --vfs-cache-max-size 2G --vfs-cache-poll-interval 1m --cache-info-age 60m --network-mode [crypt mount] [local folder]

Browsing the folders is fine, but Finder tries to generate for all the pictures in the folders a thumbnail, this results in a lot of requests to Dropbox to generate them. I thought --network-mode would eliminate this, but that's not the case.

Besides that the removal of a lot of single files is very slow, it takes like 3 seconds for 1 file to delete.

What is the config you use on MacOS and why?

Thank you!

hi,
hard to share good advice, as you did not answer the questions in the help and support template.

does not work on mounts.

should not be using the deprecated cache remote.

does not work on macos

In Finder you can disable thumbnails for specific folder - right click anywhere inside folder and choose `Show View Options"

Have a look at this good example I quote often - well thought through and with comments:

also includes cache warming (via rc and vfs/refresh). This way for the cost of few minutes at the start you have remote you can browse as fast as local disk:)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.