[Team Google Drive] Abel to Copy/Move/Sync/Mount but error 403 on any attempt to read/download

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

If I don't set any client_id and let rclone use the shared one, the mount works normally but the rate limit is not optimal.
If I am using an individual client_id, any attempt to read files from the remote results in:

2021/01/20 13:34:43 ERROR : IO error: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded
2021/01/20 13:34:43 ERROR : IO error: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded
2021/01/20 13:34:55 INFO  : Músicas/sync.ffs_db: vfs cache: downloader: error count now 1: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded
2021/01/20 13:34:55 ERROR : Músicas/sync.ffs_db: vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded

But the files can be downloaded from the browser and read normally if using an alternative to rclone (RaiDrive).
Copy/move/sync operations with rclone are working fine.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3
- os/arch: windows/amd64
- go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10, 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive (Team)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount gdrive: r: `
--vfs-cache-mode writes `
--drive-chunk-size 128M `
--attr-timeout 8700h `
--dir-cache-time 8760h `
--poll-interval 30s `
--cache-dir D:\rclone_cache `
--vfs-cache-max-size 512G `
--vfs-cache-poll-interval 20m `
--vfs-read-chunk-size 32M `
--allow-other `
--transfers 4 `
--rc `
--rc-web-gui `
--rc-addr localhost:5572 `
--rc-user `
--rc-pass `
--timeout 10s `
-v

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[drive]

type = drive

scope = drive

token = {"access_token":""}

team_drive = 

root_folder_id = 

[gdrive]

type = drive

client_id = 

client_secret = 

scope = drive

team_drive = 

root_folder_id = 

[grive]

type = drive

client_id = 

client_secret = 

team_drive = 

root_folder_id =

A log from the command with the -vv flag

You hit your download quota and have to wait for it to reset (~24 hours).

Thing is, I haven't downloaded anything and it is working normally through RaiDrive.

Based on the info you've shared and the error, the account you are using hit it's download quota for that file.

But I created the API key yesterday and did not share it with anyone else. Even the Google Drive API monitor says there has been barely any access calls and it reports a 51% error rate, all of which are 403s.

API is not the same as your upload / download quota.

You can make as many API keys as you want, the user account has a download/upload quota and you hit it.

The API quotas are 1 billion per day and very documented.

The download/upload quotas are not with the only one being published is the 750GB upload per day.

Used another account after setting the Google project to "production" and it seems to be working now... Thanks.

I'd assume it was the account, but what do you mean by changing the project to production?

On the APIs & Services page, on the OAuth consent screen, I had to change the Publishing status to "In production" from "In testing", otherwise it would not allow me to share access to the other account.

That's what confused me.

That's what I had thought you meant :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.