Synology DSM 7 upgrade has made rclone mount read only...kinda

(v1.53.3)
My use case is I am mounting a local (type=local) encrypted remote and accessing the decrypted mount via SMB. This is for anyone using rclone in DSM 7 Beta as I dont believe there is any issue with rclone itself.

Im curious if anyone else is using rclone mount on a Synology running the DSM 7 beta? I am running the beta and one of the things I have noticed is that my rclone mount is no longer working as expected. On the previous version DSM 6 I was able to use rclone mount on startup and read/write to the mount via SMB from my PCs. In DSM 7 I can read without issue and I can create folders but writing now throws an error after copying a few KB of the file just saying the operation failed. I ran the mount manually a few times with -vv and --debug-fuse. The only error I saw was...

WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes

I never had to use cache mode in DSM 6 but I added it anyway and I did not see any more errors but the bahvior was the same, no issue reading or creating folders but copying files to the mount fails with the file being created and being only 1KB in size.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.