Syncing to and from Google Drive question - how to avoid syncing partially uploaded files

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Not a problem per se but I want to make sure I am doing things properly. Some details on my setup:
I have a server at my house that uploads to Google Drive via a crypted remote. I then have another server offsite that downloads all that data from Google drive using the same crypted remote. This way I have 3 copies of the same date 1 at my house, 1 on google drive, and 1 at the offsite server.

I want to automate the offsite server downloading from Google Drive but don't want to run into a situation where my home server is in the middle of uploading a big file and my offsite server tries to download that partially uploaded file. It would be great if I could set a parameter on the offsite server sync command that said 'only download files that haven't been modified in 5 seconds' or maybe there is a more effective way to do this.

This may already be built into Rclone...I'm not sure. Any advice is appreciated!

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.54.1

-os/arch:amd64
-go version: go1.15.8

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

centos 8 on the offsite server

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

google drive via crypted remote

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync crypt:Path /Local/Path/Destination --bwlimit 7.5M

There isn't a partial file on Google Drive as it's either there or not there so you don't need to do anything special.

You can use filters if you want as you can use min-age 5s or something if you want to be super sure but shouldn't be needed.

Hey thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.