Sync TD to TD but exlude files already on a TD?

OK so this possible.

I want to copy files from TD:A to TD:B but I want to exclude the files that are already on TD:C?
Now of course I know I can exclude from a list. So if I can't exclude by TD. Can I export TD contents easily to a list for exclusion?

[newremote]
type = union
upstreams = TD:B TD:C:ro

then

rclone sync TD:A newremote: -v --dry-run

I forgot about the union. Let me try that thank you.

So it appears to be working however it is not doing server side copies. and I am also getting this error.
2020/07/16 12:00:56 NOTICE: Free Space is not supported for upstream remotec:, treating as infinite

Server side copy may not work. Can you try with the latest beta? Nick did some commit AFAIR regarding server side copy.

2020/07/16 12:00:56 NOTICE: Free Space is not supported for upstream remotec:, treating as infinite

TD does not support about command because the storage is unlimited so you can safely ignore the message.

would this work?
https://rclone.org/docs/#compare-dest-dir

1 Like

I am running
clone v1.52.2-212-g80d2f381-beta

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.4

and I just updated to
rclone v1.52.2-221-g1fafcd4d-beta

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.5

And still no serverside copy.

According to this commit @nick did some patching on union backend for server side copy. IDK why it's not working.

Are you sure you're using the --drive-server-side-across-configs flag? If yes can you post logs with -vv ?

see log
https://hastebin.com/ujutedatod.sql

Command I am using is rclone copy web_MD:Media/TV/tv cti_tv_union:Tv -vv --drive-server-side-across-configs

If you cannot get server side copies running with your single command, two steps will both go server side:

rclone copy  src:video         src:diff/video    --compare-dest=union_src_dest:video
rclone move  src:diff/video    dest:video

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.