Sync stoped because of permission error

Hello,

I’m trying to use rclone to save a webserver : from a server without root access to an hetzner storage box in sftp.
As in the post [SOLVED] Rclone sync never finishes, keeps going through the same files over and over again sync never finish because of permission access. The output looks like :

2017/09/07 19:50:24 ERROR : vc/logs/migration.log: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: open /home/www/vc/logs/migration.log: permission denied
2017/09/07 19:50:24 ERROR : vc/logs/platform.log: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: open /home/www/vc/logs/platform.log: permission denied
2017/09/07 19:50:24 ERROR : vc/logs/security.log: Failed to copy: failed to open source object: open /home/www/vc/logs/security.log: permission denied
2017/09/07 19:58:04 ERROR : Attempt 10/10 failed with 7 errors and: failed to open source object: open /home/www/vc/logs/security.log: permission denied

As you see these are logfiles, I don’t really care if they are saved or not…
I tried to rise the number of attempts using the --retries argument, but as you see it’s not working because rclone keeps trying to copy these files…

Do you have any suggestions ?

Thanks

Howdy cfi,

AFAIK, there’s no "ignore file on error’ option with rclone.

I’d recommend you try excluding these files with --exclude-from.

Cheers,
– Durval.

Thanks durval for your answer…
well I didn’t manage to use the --exclude option but I moved the directory /home/www/vc/logs to another place and linked it using symlink ==> rclone warns : “Can’t follow symlink” but no errors !