Symlink error. But I dont have any symlinks

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I get a lot of this notices.

2019/10/28 20:41:49 NOTICE: e8VpUvKVGwBFS1/CXpoYnbpLrcL2L2iVJxJirCceiYCN-5ljN2/7S10,VmHmjnG0yAppL3v,Wlx/nhKpTOEQDIHqM0/pvaDFoxMIb8UPcJfgbcoqZ0T: Can't follow symlink without -L/--copy-links

My setup is, i have a folder i want to move to cloud, called 'move'. Before move to cloud, i encrypt 'move' folder in '.move' using encfs.

This is the encfs command

echo password | ENCFS6_CONFIG='/mnt/user/Cloud/skygmail/encfs/.encfs6.xml' encfs \
--reversewrite \
--nocache \
-S -o rw -o allow_other -o uid=99 -o gid=100 \
/mnt/user/Cloud/ijm/move/ \
/mnt/user/Cloud/ijm/.move/ 

I used to have mounted folder path in move folder. But now, no mounted folder path in move.

Probably this is why i get symlinks error in rclone? because i used to have mounted path in move?

What actually rclone refer to in the message? the folder in local drive or remote drive?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

root@Tower:/mnt# rclone version
rclone v1.50.0
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.13.3

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Unraid

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone move --drive-use-trash --transfers 2 --bwlimit "2.0M" --drive-chunk-size 256k -v /mnt/user/Cloud/ijm/.move/ ijm:encfs

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

2019/10/28 20:41:49 NOTICE: e8VpUvKVGwBFS1/CXpoYnbpLrcL2L2iVJxJirCceiYCN-5ljN2/7S10,VmHmjnG0yAppL3v,Wlx/nhKpTOEQDIHqM0/pvaDFoxMIb8UPcJfgbcoqZ0T: Can't follow symlink without -L/--copy-links

run:

'stat' on that file
and 'ls -al' on it and post the output.

Here you are.

Thanks.

By the way, the file doesnt exist in the non encrypted folder.

PUTTY_9ZBaxcqK0V
Im sorry. The file does exist. This are the file. Seems to me the file is a symbolik link. Any advise?

The ls command show a symlink so you'd need to use that to follow it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.