Suddenly No Hashes Match?

Hey, I've been using rclone to successfully perform encrypted backups for quite some time now. Unfortunately, as of today, I get this message:

2019/05/15 07:46:43 NOTICE: Encrypted drive 'gcrypt:': --checksum is in use but the source and destination have no hashes in common; falling back to --size-only

This is the same command I've been running automatically since January with no failures:

/usr/bin/rclone --exclude "@eaDir/**" --exclude "@eaDir/" --exclude "synoreport/**" sync -v --config="/volume1/homes/xnaas/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" /volume1/Media gcrypt: --checksum --log-file=/volume1/homes/xnaas/logs/rclonerclone-$(date +"%Y-%m-%d").log

Thoughts? Ideas? Am I going to have to perform an all new backup?

That is a warning message because crypt doesn't support chksum. Never has. The warning was to warn you so you know.

I'm guessing you just updated...

1 Like

I did indeed just update. Well, there we have it haha.

So it was always using just filesize, it just never warned about not matching checksums before the update?

Correct. It uses file size and dates.

1 Like

Good to know!

In that case, is there any way to store encrypted but also use checksums? I see a few old requests on github for essentially a database of checksums or some such, but dunno if those are really relevant or were ever "solved."

No. Not really. If the file sizes are the same, it will assume they are the same.

1 Like

Good enough. Thanks for the info and quick help! <3

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.