Struggling to figure out setting up sync with the webgui

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Setting up a sync between a volume on my synology NAS, to my pcloud cloud, so that I can regularly backup files from that volume to the cloud.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

RClone v1.58.1
OS/ alpine 3.15.4 64-bit
kernal 4.4.180+
type: linux
arch: amd64
go1.18.1
static
none

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
--> Yes

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

PCloud

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

WebGUI

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[PCloud]
type = pcloud
root_folder_id = ------
hostname = eapi.pcloud.com
token = {"access_token":"------","token_type":"bearer","expiry":"0001-01-01T00:00:00Z"}

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2022/05/11 20:56:34 NOTICE: pcloud root '': --vfs-cache-mode writes or full is recommended for this remote as it can't stream

(This is actually unrelated to my question, though it would be nice to find out if this is something I also need to fix...)

Actual issue - I'm new to RClone, but it was a tinkering project to get it up and running, because I wanted to automate backing-up of certain folders of files from my NAS to my 2tb PCloud storage.
I was considering making a backup file using something like Borg or HyperBackup, and then using rclone to upload that file, but for now I just want a basic upload schedule.

Took some time to get rclone up and running on docker (just my preference, I know doing it all on command line was probably easier), but I got it installed, and I got PCloud set up properly and the WebGUI is all up and running now too (and can see the PCloud remote).

However, I may be being dumb, but I can't see how to set up any kind of upload or sync using the webgui?

hello and welcome to the forum,

i assume that you are running a rclone mount command?
depending on what you plan to use the mount for, need to add --vfs-cache-mode

as for the webgui, never used it.
fwiw, not useful for automatic, scheduled backups.

rclone is run on your synbox?

rclone is running on my synology yes, in a docker container, as it allowed me to mess about figuring out settings without breaking anything.

If the webgui isn't any good for automatic scheduled backups, then I'll skip it and figure out the command for it instead!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.