Strange problem with syn of files

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Have set up an encrypted remote on a network windows drive.
[HSecure]

•  type = crypt*

•  remote = \\cde.abc.com\aa\bbb\cccc\DocumentBackup*

•  filename_encryption = obfuscate*

•  directory_name_encryption = false*

•  password = *****************************

•  password2 = ****************************

I run the following command:
rclone sync --log-level NOTICE --log-file "C:\LocalData\Logs\rclonebackup.log" "C:\aaa\bbbbb\Documents" "HSecure:"

This works correctly with no errors.

If I run the same command again - then I get many errors in the log file:

ERROR : Management/People/Cxxxxxxxx/DDD-EEEE/Scripts/xlsxwriter/test/comparison/test_properties05.py: Failed to copy: The system cannot find the file specified.

The strange thing is that all of the errors relate to files with a '.py' extension.
The file does exist in the source directory.

Being completely new to rclone, I am likely doing something basic wrong?
I would be grateful for any suggestions or comments.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Microsoft Window 7 Enterprise 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Network mounted windows drive.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync --log-level NOTICE --log-file "C:\LocalData\Logs\rclonebackup.log" "C:\aaa\bbbbb\Documents" "HSecure:"

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

2020/03/13 13:46:11 NOTICE: My Music: Can't follow symlink without -L/--copy-links
2020/03/13 13:46:11 NOTICE: My Pictures: Can't follow symlink without -L/--copy-links
2020/03/13 13:46:11 NOTICE: My Videos: Can't follow symlink without -L/--copy-links
2020/03/13 13:46:11 ERROR : Migrate/LocalData/Duplicati/Duplicati 2/OSXTrayHost/osx-trayicon-rumps.py: Failed to copy: The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/03/13 13:46:13 ERROR : Migrate/MyDocuments/CheckIfDuplicate/Documents/Tools/GIMPPortable/App/gimp/Python/Lib/cgitb.py: Failed to copy: The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/03/13 13:46:13 ERROR : Migrate/MyDocuments/CheckIfDuplicate/Documents/Tools/GIMPPortable/App/gimp/Python/Lib/compileall.py: Failed to copy: The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/03/13 13:46:13 ERROR : Migrate/MyDocuments/CheckIfDuplicate/Documents/Tools/GIMPPortable/App/gimp/Python/Lib/UserList.py: Failed to copy: The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/03/13 13:46:13 ERROR : Migrate/MyDocuments/CheckIfDuplicate/Documents/Tools/GIMPPortable/App/gimp/Python/Lib/collections.py: Failed to copy: The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/03/13 13:46:13 ERROR : Migrate/MyDocuments/CheckIfDuplicate/Documents/Tools/GIMPPortable/App/gimp/Python/Lib/popen2.py: Failed to copy: The system cannot find the file specified.

hello and welcome ot the forum,

each time you run the sync, are you running it as the same user?
is that user an administrator?

each time you run the sync, are you running it from the cmd window, batch script, task schduler or what?

if you run it from the command line, is that cmd window elevated to administator or not?

if you change --log-level NOTICE to --log-level DEBUG, you might get more info.

this could be some kind of permissions issue?

Thanks for the fast response.
I am always running the command as the same user.
It is a batch file - but I have also run it from the cmd window and get the results indicated.
It is not run as administrator as I do not have administrator acces.

I will change the log level and see if it provides more data.
Thanks for the suggestion.

regards,
Paul

Ran with --log-level Debug - and it gave some more date.
The problem is not with the file extension '*.py' as some files with this extension are transferred, even within the same source directory.

2020/03/13 15:02:23 DEBUG : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/text.py: Unchanged skipping
2020/03/13 15:02:23 DEBUG : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/trendline.py: Size and modification time the same (differ by 0s, within tolerance 100ns)
2020/03/13 15:02:23 DEBUG : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/trendline.py: Unchanged skipping
2020/03/13 15:02:23 DEBUG : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/updown_bars.py: Size and modification time the same (differ by 0s, within tolerance 100ns)
2020/03/13 15:02:23 DEBUG : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/updown_bars.py: Unchanged skipping
2020/03/13 15:02:23 ERROR : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/title.py: Failed to copy: The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/03/13 15:02:24 DEBUG : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/tests/init.py: Size and modification time the same (differ by 0s, within tolerance 100ns)
2020/03/13 15:02:24 DEBUG : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/tests/init.py: Unchanged skipping
2020/03/13 15:02:24 DEBUG : Management/Planning/2019/Scripts/openpyxl/chart/tests/conftest.py: Size and modification time the same (differ by 0s, within tolerance 100ns)

When I look at the remote, the file names are encrypted (as requested) - is it possible that they would be too long for the destination server?
Is there anyway to restrict the encryted filename length.

I will create an unencrypted Remote to the same serve and see if I face the issue.

you can read about file name length
https://rclone.org/crypt/#file-name-encryption-modes

what is the exact remote: filepath?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.