Storj union "Item Not Found" on rename using windows files explorer with rclone mount

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Renaming any folder (empty or not) with windows' built in files explorer on a Storj union mount resulted in an item not found error. The renaming folder action actually got executed properly on server side since the files are moved (server side) already, but the cache persists that the folder hasn't been renamed because it failed to do so locally.

Since Storj is a bucket based backend, empty folders aren't supported. and that resulted in a rmdir: object not found error (from -v INFO) when union does its usual rename action. So I thought this is a problem with the Storj backend itself, but after experimentation, I'm guessing that this might be a union bug, because renaming folders on just the Storj bucket mount without union works perfectly fine. There is an expected lag because the files are being moved on server side, and the file explorer is waiting for the action to be done, but there's no object not found error.

For more context, renaming files and even creating empty folders on the file explorer itself are also fine with Storj union. It's just the renaming of files that has the problem.

This solved github issue might be related. I have 0 knowledge of programming though, I'm probably wrong.

(Oh and I have the latest stable release of winfsp v1.12.22339 for information)

The log with -vv flag, from mounting action to renaming a test folder is included at the bottom (I'm not sure if that's the correct way to do it so please correct me). I also added one with just -v for readability.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.61.1

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language 22H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.22621.1344 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.19.4
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Storj (Storj backend) with Union

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount storjTest: D: --volname Drive --vfs-cache-mode full --cache-dir C:\Cache --vfs-cache-max-size 128G --vfs-cache-max-age 8760h --vfs-disk-space-total-size 3T --vfs-used-is-size --file-perms=0777 --transfers 64 -vv

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[storjTest]
type = union
upstreams = storj1:bucket storj2:bucket
create_policy = rand

[storj1]
type = storj
access_grant = secret

[storj2]
type = storj
access_grant = secret

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Extra information, with only -v, because the -vv log is incredibly long

2023/03/05 09:45:22 INFO  : union root '': poll-interval is not supported by this remote
2023/03/05 09:45:22 INFO  : vfs cache: cleaned: objects 0 (was 0) in use 0, to upload 0, uploading 0, total size 0 (was 0)
The service rclone has been started.
2023/03/05 09:45:45 INFO  : test folder rename/text file.txt: Moved (server-side) to: test folder/text file.txt
2023/03/05 09:45:45 ERROR : test folder rename: Dir.Rename error: RenameDir rmdir: object not found
2023/03/05 09:45:46 ERROR : test folder rename: Dir.Rename error: RenameDir rmdir: object not found

Can you try this with the latest beta too please?

Also can you replicate this without the mount, so just using rclone move remote:oldfoldername remote:newfoldername -vv?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.